Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Adding a Amp into VE SSV??

puganinni

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Ute
Does anyone know how to ad an amp into the 6stack VE sterio unit? Any diagrams would be great.

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
You could always "tap" into the rear speaker wires and connect them to a line out converter (converts speaker wires to RCA / low level outputs).

Im not real knowledgeable on the VE, but im fairly sure this method will work.

You'll also have to tap into the ACC wire of the head-unit or better yet the power antenna if possible. This wire goes to the "REM" input of your amplifier.

Im sure someone who's done a bit of work on the VEs will be able to shed more light and maybe provide diagrams (if they are in a good mood) lol.

By the way, what were you planning on running off this amp?

joshtaylor87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Lumina
Yes LOC is by far the best/cheapest option. Make sure you pay for a decent one though. Not the cheap ones you can get for under $50. Bit of a diagram here I did. This guy wanted to keep the speakers running off the h/u though and just run his subs off of an amp. If you wanted to run your speakers off the amp you would just run speaker wires from the amp to the speakers instead of to the subs in the diagram.

DAV133

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy SS 401.5rwhp
Im an installer i'v done a couple of ve's the best low line converter is an LC6 They are a 6ch so u can connect a 4ch amp and also a mono amp to run subs. I would recommend getting one of these i'v done the cheaper one's and u get bad engine noise you can pick one up from your local car audio shop for around $279.

LC6 Six Channel Line Output Converter

joshtaylor87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Lumina
Yeah I heard that they were pretty good. I was told that the Peripheral SVEN4 by stinger was just as good so I went with one of them for $150. It is 4ch though whereas the LC6 is 6ch. Depends what you want to run. I also bought a cheapie ($20) and put that in just to see/hear the difference. Although it was pretty good the SVEN sounded ALOT better. But I didn't get any engine noise through the cheapie as DAV133 suggests. But you are definitely better off with a LC6 or SVEN4