Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Adjusting Wiper Blades Resting Position

NissanSilvia

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
My passengers side windscreen wiper makes a noise when it gets to the bottom of its motion. When I had a look at it, it looks as though the blade mechanism is touching the black plastic shrouding at the bottom of the windscreen when it reaches the bottom of its motion. I think this is possibly making the clunk type noise I hear when it gets to the bottom. How do you adjust the resting position of the wiper blade arm?

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
It sounds very unlikely that it would be an arm adjustment issue. Unless they have been removed before. To adjust the position you will need to pull the arm off and then reseat it on the splines.

NissanSilvia

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Does anyone else have an issue with the passenger side blade assembly touching the black plastic shrouding at the bottom of the windscreen?

Mattk101

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve sv6 sidi 2010
Has the plastic shroud moved up at all? Do both wiper blades stop evenly in same place? They both should be pretty much horizontal to windscreen on bottom

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Has any work been done that would require removal of the plenum and wipers?

NissanSilvia

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Has the plastic shroud moved up at all? Do both wiper blades stop evenly in same place? They both should be pretty much horizontal to windscreen on bottom

I don't think the plastic shroud has moved up at all. They are both basically horizontal to the windscreen but the passenger wiper sits about 5cm lower than the driver's side one.

Mattk101

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve sv6 sidi 2010
Might just be one click too low on the spline. You can adjust it pretty easy, there's a little cap where the arm pivots, pop that off and there is just a nut there, undo that and I think you just have to lift arm in the up position and it disengages it from spline and you can pull it off

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
As Sabbath stated

Sent from my HTC ARIA using Tapatalk II.IV

NissanSilvia

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Might just be one click too low on the spline. You can adjust it pretty easy, there's a little cap where the arm pivots, pop that off and there is just a nut there, undo that and I think you just have to lift arm in the up position and it disengages it from spline and you can pull it off

Did this and it worked. Was just adjusted a bit too low for some reason. Thanks for the info. Was actually pretty easy, thought it would be a bit more complex with the geometry of the wipers.