Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Advice for first timer

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6

holden#1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S1 Executive V6
I seen a VR Berlina In My Street 4 sale for $6750 with free tank of fuel...
had 90,000 k's full holden service history, not a scratch.
I would personally buy that for $6000.
I reckon low k's is the thing.
but then again, I would much prefer VS, they have a lot more in store midrange and up top, are a smoother unit, definitely more fuel efficient, (squential injection - computer monitors each cylinder(?)
A good VS Berlina (low k's) will still set you back $8,000 or so in brissy.

S

Stikaa

G'day, Yeah i would definately go for a VS. I have a VS Berlina, I also owned a VR exec. previously and think the new VS is heaps better at overall running performance, acceleration, is alot quieter/smoother plus I love my electronics eg power windows climate control :) I bought mine for $8000, with 143,000Kms and in immaculate condition, eg:perfect interior, engine smooth/ clean as a whistle. If you look around the trading post, you'll find a nice car. I tend to find the ones online with pics etc dont actually represent the car very wheel and can look alot better than they really are, but you just have to ring around.

C

charged6_vsacclaim

lift the floor mat up in the boot and check the other side of the boot at the welds if its a nice clean weld then it hasnt had an ass end acco if it is out of line or has bog than it has, also bring a long screwdriver along put the end of the handle against ur ear and the other end on the centre of the pulleys while its running and check for irregular noises like grinding. there might be a chance that one of them could let go.

kirkson

Captain
Reaction score
Members Ride
93 vr v6 exec duel fuel
Hi, with regard to price, go to www.redbookcarprices.com.au that will let you know what you should be paying for the car based to klm's year condition etc, I have always found this a usefull tool. Rgds Kirk

kirkson

Captain
Reaction score
Members Ride
93 vr v6 exec duel fuel
I have a 93 vr exec with a starting problem, it happend for the first time yesturday moter turns over but will not start, I eventually hit the side of the fuel tank with a rubber mallet, and it started, so with all this in mind, can anyone give me some advice on exactly what the problem is? RegARDS Kirk

blinky351

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR V6 Ute, VX SS Sedan, VU SS Ute
My ute did the same. Needed a new fuel pump.

POVRTY

building 5L VB TH 400
Reaction score
Members Ride
Wm L98 caprice
perhaps a nrma inspection(if in nsw) find out if it is thrashed or babyed and no price is to high if your in love with a car whatever it may be. take these peoples advise and do some homework. you will learn alot from your first car. just make sure its a commy :thumbsup:

94vrexec

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr executive
i actually looked at this car but i was told not to bother with it as it had been thrashed and wasnt worth it. i know someone who knew the previous owner. but get an rac check. they are about 140 dollars (i think) but are way worth it. i had one done on a vs i wanted to buy which looked fine bt turned out it needed $3000 worth of repairs to the engine. so make sure you get a check especially on this car!

Jamie_87

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 BA XR6
bought my vs calais for 5400 with 200,000k's...mines immacualte in and out completly stock std(old man had car and looked after it)...all i had to replace was air con compressor and fuel pump...onli 300 buks ive spent.

main things i rekon to look for in vr/VS if u are looking at one are rear main seal leak, coolant colour(check the heater too and for coolant leaking inside as new heater cores installd can b between $400-800), harmonic balancer worn,everything inside working properly, all fluid nice and clean,front wheel bearings,and for boot leaks(very common ive heard in vr/vs model)...i would reccommend the vs tho as it is much more refined than a vr...all down to what u want and how much u gotta spend...good luck!