Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Advice from the experinced

NU13

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 E1 HSV GTS Manual
Ok guys so i'm looking at a couple of engine mods to my SS then i'm pretty much done as far as power gains are concerned for my beloved VY2 SS. Currently I have Coby tri into Y manifold, a Coby 3inch into 2.5 exhaust, cats removed, Big mouth CAI, MSD leads and a MAFless tune.

I was going to go with a OTR next but i'm happy with the big mouth CAI so i am wondering about these:

25% under drive harmonic balancer - Are these worth installing? What are the pro's vs. cons and how much do they cost to install?

Mace high ratio roller rockers or similar quality brand roller rockers - Are these worth installing? Again, pro's and con's? How muc typically to install?

Thank you my fellow Commodore enthusiasts.

thatbrynguy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY Commodore SS 5.7L M6
Most people in your situation start looking into cams. Under drive pulleys can cause issues with daily driving for some people as of course all of your pulley driven devices are being starved at idle revs (alternator for example). I'd go for cam though instead of mucking around with other smaller bits and pieces.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DECIMATOR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
See my cam thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk