Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Advice needed or if in Melb and can can help me il pay you. Buzzing noise

Homer's HSV

Homer Simpson
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE E3 Clubsport
I have a 2011 R8 stock head unit Amp is is Genesis Profile 4 Front Speakers Morel Dotech Ovation 6 and Rears are Alpine SPR-60. No Subs
The system sounds great i have no issues with the quality but when my volume is low say 1-5 i get a slight buzzing noise coming through the speakers my Amp is grounded well and it didnt make this sound with my stock system its just annoying when i have ppl in the car and the radio is turned down low its a constant noise not like it whinning up and down. As Mentioned iam in Melb if anyone can help me to fix this issue i will pay you. Dont know too much about car systems so any advice as well would be great. Also i have been told the wiring is opposite to the power cables and so forth.
Cheers Eddie

Homer's HSV

Homer Simpson
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE E3 Clubsport
Is there anything i can do about it i bought a noise suppressor (I think thats what is was called) from Jaycar was cheap but didnt make a difference got an auto elec to put it on.

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
If you're using a LOC it could that. Where is you're remote wire connected?

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
Does it do it with the engine off?

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
How did you connect the head unit to the amp??

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
That's alright mate. LOC is short for Line Output Converter. The LOC is a little device that splices into original speaker wires and gives you RCA's to connect to the amp. Do you know where the remote wire is connected? It's usually a blue wire coming from the amp.