Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VIC] Advice on buying a Commodore

kunalraiker

Reaction score
Members Ride
None
I would like to start this thread by advising that this is my first thread in this coommunity, I'am a complete car noob,therefore please excuse my ignorance.
I had a 1998 VT Executive which was totalled last week, therefore I'am in a need of a new car.

I had a look around at new cars but they are bvery expensive, and for about 20,00 all I get is a lame mazda3.

I wanted to spend about 10,000-12,000 and get a decent commodore with safetly features like traction control and more then usual air bags.

I'am currently looking at the SV6,as I said earlier, I don't know much about cars.

Could you experienced members please help me decide.

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
www.devildrake.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
Well firstly, good luck getting an SV6 for 10-12K.

I'm not sure what cars have traction control but my VY ute doesnt.

You could get a VY sedan for that price, but not sure of the features.

kunalraiker

Reaction score
Members Ride
None
Well firstly, good luck getting an SV6 for 10-12K.

I'm not sure what cars have traction control but my VY ute doesnt.

You could get a VY sedan for that price, but not sure of the features.

There is one for sale on car sales

Pretty sure VT/VX had traction control..

The executive version did not have it,that is what I had.

kunalraiker

Reaction score
Members Ride
None
I would also want to know whether the SV6 comes with leather interiors.

Bravotwozero

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 AMG C63 W204 Speedshift + 2013 KW T909
Does it have to be a Commodore?

Can get a top of the range Vectra CDXi for that kind of money.

Features include full leather interior, dual zone climate control, 9 Speaker Stereo, Electronic Brake Force Distribution, traction control, heated seats, mirrors and power everything. I know what I'd be choosing.....

Macca86

Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6T Ute & a ZX6R
Just because there is ONE on car sales for that much, does not mean you will get one for that much. Look at the average price for a certain type of car you are looking at, and go from that. You will not find a SV6 for 12 or 13K unless it has some major issues with it. And if you want things like leather interior/trac control etc in a commodre then good luck finding one for 13k.

Bravotwozero

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 AMG C63 W204 Speedshift + 2013 KW T909
Just because there is ONE on car sales for that much, does not mean you will get one for that much. Look at the average price for a certain type of car you are looking at, and go from that. You will not find a SV6 for 12 or 13K unless it has some major issues with it. And if you want things like leather interior/trac control etc in a commodre then good luck finding one for 13k.

I don't think he'll have any problems picking up a VZ SV6 for that money. Definitely not a VE though.

kunalraiker

Reaction score
Members Ride
None
Does it have to be a Commodore?

Can get a top of the range Vectra CDXi for that kind of money.

Features include full leather interior, dual zone climate control, 9 Speaker Stereo, Electronic Brake Force Distribution, traction control, heated seats, mirrors and power everything. I know what I'd be choosing.....

I feel it does not have to be a Commodore,but definitely not a vectra purely on the basis of asthetics,I don't like the way it looks.

kunalraiker

Reaction score
Members Ride
None
I don't think he'll have any problems picking up a VZ SV6 for that money. Definitely not a VE though.

Would there be any recommendations on where to get it for a nice value,I only know carsales.com.au,would Fowles auction be a nice place.