Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Advice on rear camera fault

MU5CL3C@R

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2
Hi, looking for advice here... I have a 2016 VF2, great car - but with an annoying rear camera that works sometimes, then not others. Holden have looked at it 3 times now. Each time "No Fault Found" as the camera works when it goes in for service. They've upgraded the software twice, and today told me they've gone through and ensured all connections to the camera are solid. Bloody annoying - I've video'ed the problem when it happens so I have the proof. Just wondering, anyone else heard of issues with the reverse camera? Nav works, And the parking guidelines always work, its just the reverse camera image itself is black.... I checked other threads but couldnt see anything specific....car is almost 12 months old so I'm worried warranty will run out...

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
No sorry.
Warranty is protected as you've already reported it.
I'd have them replace the camera first.

MU5CL3C@R

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2
ok - will do. & thanks re the warranty comment I was hoping as its on record - thats why I took it back three times to the same service dept - dont want the hassle or cause them hassle BUT. .....its working this morning still so far so all good.
thx for the reply - P.S. this is a great forum - I paid $10 donation that brought the figures up to 25% for the month call it a "membership" - happy for a small annual fee if we can learn alot across the threads,
Cheers

Bradski

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS ute
Had stereo with rev camera did the same thing ended up being rev switch

Phawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF11 SSV Redline
Take it back and get it replaced, that's what the warranty is there for, could be an accident waiting to happen there, camera faults out backing onto the street.....BANG!

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
ok - will do. & thanks re the warranty comment I was hoping as its on record - thats why I took it back three times to the same service dept
Cheers

Don't just rely on the dealership, make sure you advise Holden's Customer Service Department of the problem as they'll give you a reference number that you can always use if you have future problems.

MU5CL3C@R

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2
Don't just rely on the dealership, make sure you advise Holden's Customer Service Department of the problem as they'll give you a reference number that you can always use if you have future problems.

thanks - service department has the video I took of it happening, but I'll go direct like you say.

scozz76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 2014 Evoke - VYII Acclaim
Take it back and get it replaced, that's what the warranty is there for, could be an accident waiting to happen there, camera faults out backing onto the street.....BANG!
That's why we're taught to look out the back window.

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
When I reverse out of my carport I've noticed that the camera takes some time to adjust to the different light level. The display is darker than it should be, but still usable. Might pay you to try and get the Holden "techs" to test it under the same conditions that you've noticed the problem, rather than just testing it out in the workshop.