Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Advice: Update Commodore with Statesman, Calais etc. parts?

B

bigpallooka

Thanks for all the advice guys. I know where I stand now and can at least make more enlightened decisions.

Joes_meat,
The cars with the larger sections are fastcabs and they isolate the wheelchair from the rest of the car. I don't like them. I purchased mine in Sydney (12 months ago) from a Taxi driver who decommisioned it (2 years ago). I believe it was the last of it's type made by the now defunct Jacab of Tammworth, NSW. You won't find one in service as all taxi's have a maximum of 5-6 years life span (depending on the state you live in). I have seen them for sale from time to time but they always need a lot of work by the nature of being an ex-taxi. I am in two-minds myself about keeping this one (it gets so little use) and am currently having many mechanical issues addressed and looking at making her pretty so that if I decide to sell her she will at least be respectable (hence the queries here). I have seen them for sale on ebay, online car sites and online disability newsletters (which is where mine was advertised). If you want some suggestions for online links or anything else then send me a message.
Regards
bigpallooka