Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

aerial motor

roles

Reaction score
Members Ride
99 VT equipe
Hey guys, im new to the site n dunno if im postin in theright place but i broight a vt a few weeks ago n jave notice the aerial is jammed with a nail. The motor doesnt seem to work when i turn accesories on/off, would this be a fried motor or can some1 tell me how i can check??? Thanx guys

The Recidivist

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX2 Executive Wagon
Hey guys, im new to the site n dunno if im postin in theright place but i broight a vt a few weeks ago n jave notice the aerial is jammed with a nail. The motor doesnt seem to work when i turn accesories on/off, would this be a fried motor or can some1 tell me how i can check??? Thanx guys

Have you checked the supply fuse (from memory fuse 23) is O.K?

If the fuse is blown or has been removed, then my guess is the motor would've been fried.

Remove the aerial (a fairly straight forward job), connect it to a 12 d.c source (i.e a car battery) and see if it operates (remember to put a fuse in the positive lead).

If it goes, then you'll have to find out where the fault is in the vehicle wiring.

If it doesn't work, then throw it away and get yourself a replacement aerial that works - about $50-60 from a wrecking yard.

Good luck.

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
or could just b bad grounding. clean up the grounding points in the guard and on the motors bracket, if u got a bad ground it wont work at all. i got given a supposivly none working unit 2 steal the mast from but turns out it worked after i cleaned up the grounds. bought a new mast now my car has an elec aerial 4 free :)