Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

After Market DVD Setup for VE

-SpydeR-

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6
I fitted a DVD player in the same position about 6 months ago. There is no way I could remember the colours of the wires I conected it too.

Do you know how to use a multimeter?? If you dont they maybe you should leave this job to a pro!

I sure do, although I've only used one with household electronics and electronics kits. To find the correct wires within the car, would it simply be red probe to constant 12V battery wire and black probe to ground wire in order to find a constant 12V source?

G8ssv

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve g8 ssv
hi everyone

just wondering if anyone can help me.
want to put a dvd player in the glovebox my question is the video conncetion on the top right hand side of the stereo already has a cable in it.
dose anyone know if it runs to the glove box and can i tap into it.

myberlina

BAD COP! NO DOUGHNUT!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE Calais
hi everyone

just wondering if anyone can help me.
want to put a dvd player in the glovebox my question is the video conncetion on the top right hand side of the stereo already has a cable in it.
dose anyone know if it runs to the glove box and can i tap into it.

On the headunit there is a socket that is black in colour. Unless you already have something added to it the socket should be empty. It is used for AV entertainment inputs as well as the factory SatNav unit if some sucker was dull enough to pay mega dollars to get it installed.

There is no wiring loom that you can simply tap into as such unfortunately that I know of.

AV inputs should work without any changes other than enabling the rear aux input in the system menu. The RGB inputs on the other hand are SatNav related and can be used only after the unit is reprogrammed to accept that I am told.

bigcheesoli

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE SV6
Hey y'all - I know this thread is a few months old now, but can you use any of these pins in the rear aux to provide 12V power to charge an ipod/iphone to eliminate the ground loop issues with using the 12V plug in the centre console?

bigcheesoli

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE SV6
(sorry for the multiple posts - will get my act together soon...)

Could I use one of these plugs and connect 12V to B14 and Ground to B16 as per the above link?

1355526-2 Product Details - Tyco Electronics

Or does anyone know if the plug for the optional "smokers kit" utilises the same ground wire to avoid the loop?

westy27

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Hey y'all - I know this thread is a few months old now, but can you use any of these pins in the rear aux to provide 12V power to charge an ipod/iphone to eliminate the ground loop issues with using the 12V plug in the centre console?

Let us know how you go as i am having the same issue ....

VTSS350

Blown VT LS1 450rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTLS1
Let us know how you go as i am having the same issue ....

Just take the power from the cigarette lighter. Easy

For anyone who has done this, what is the screen quality like?

I did it 2 years ago and the screen quality is fine. Best thing I did for my VE