Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Aftermarket Steering Wheel Hub Adapter

r0nd3L

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 GTO M6
Do you guys know of any hub adapters that will allow aftermarket steering wheel (Momo, Sparco, etc) be installed in a VZ? Specifically Pontiac GTO, aka Holden Monaro.

It's for autox/road racing purpose only.

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
i havnt seen or heard of any in shops like auto barn etc, cause it would make the car illegal/no compliancing,

you might have to find a racing parts place, or find a machining shop to make you one up

r0nd3L

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 GTO M6
i havnt seen or heard of any in shops like auto barn etc, cause it would make the car illegal/no compliancing,

you might have to find a racing parts place, or find a machining shop to make you one up

I was recommended Momo 2401 hub, so I will test if it fits. I have my doubts though because it says it fits almost all year Pontiacs, but GTO isn't really a Pontiac. However, one store that sells NRG hubs told me one of theirs meant for Dodges will fit, but yet again I doubt it.

It's not too expensive at $80 so I will try it out and let you guys know. I can't believe there isn't any information about this in Aussie or US forums :bang:

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
I was recommended Momo 2401 hub, so I will test if it fits. I have my doubts though because it says it fits almost all year Pontiacs, but GTO isn't really a Pontiac. However, one store that sells NRG hubs told me one of theirs meant for Dodges will fit, but yet again I doubt it.

It's not too expensive at $80 so I will try it out and let you guys know. I can't believe there isn't any information about this in Aussie or US forums :bang:

There probably isn't much demand for wheel swaps either in the US or Aus for these cars. Australian Design Rules mean that the cars out here must have an airbag wheel to enable registration and generally, guys are happy to have the SS, HSV or Statesman wheels if they want to upgrade. In your case, there are probably too few GTO's (only about 14,000 sold) to make a special hub worthwhile.