Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Air con - and the Big click

Aryashahin

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Calais supercharged V6
I have realized , when ever i turn the aircon on there is a loud click , coming from engine bay. now i have heard this on some other vy-s aswell. it was the same with my VX....
However there is no clicking on VS models..etc... What this clicking cause by?! can i remove it...?!1
Also I noticed , I loose a bit of power when the aircon is on.. and when the car is idling at lights i can hear some sort of buzzing noise in series of repts , but when it is in neutral its gone ..Does anyone else have the same problem?!!

thank:wave:
=====================
oh and in my previous tread, oil in radiator i had the radiator and engine pressure tested and the result were negative . so the source of oil in my radio tar is still unknown...:cry:

Aryashahin

Reaction score
Members Ride
ide say the click is the clutch on the aircon compressor engaginging
in that case i should be able to replace the clutch with some high quality one..?!!! or just simply change the air con.. after all holden air cons are quite noisy..

oztech007

Reaction score
Members Ride
15 VE SSV 6.0t V8 A6 SEDAN
I wouldnt bother changing anything unless the A/C is not working or doesnt put out enough cold air. The load clicking is normal as mentioned above. Just the Clutch kicking in. As for power loss, well all cars will lose power when the A/C is on, because it is directly driven by the fan belt which will put more strain on the engine, therefore providing less power for driving.

Aryashahin

Reaction score
Members Ride
I wouldnt bother changing anything unless the A/C is not working or doesnt put out enough cold air. The load clicking is normal as mentioned above. Just the Clutch kicking in. As for power loss, well all cars will lose power when the A/C is on, because it is directly driven by the fan belt which will put more strain on the engine, therefore providing less power for driving.

thanks for the advice