Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Air con drain holes VT

som

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt executive
Wondering if someone knows for certain how many drain holes there are for the A/C evaporator overflow in a VT.I've located one on the passenger side of the transmission tunnel and it appears to be clear and drops plenty of water but if I run the A/C,especially with fresh air,I still end up with a damp patch on the floor on the driver's side. This is definitely from the A/C not the heater core.It's not the end of the world cos it's fairly easy to dry off (wife's hairdryer) but it would be good to sort it out.

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
As far as I know there is only one drain hole. It might not be completely clear.

som

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt executive
Thanks accentstencil,that's what I suspect too but would prefer to find that I hadn;t found something rather than that I'd done a crap job.I Think that perhaps I was fooled into believing that I'd cleared it well enough because of the amount of water that was draining out. Then again it was a very hot humid day so maybe I can use that as an excuse

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
yeah just the 1 drain hole. make sure its still bedded into the havc unit nicely and hasnt slipped out or been moved offset.

som

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt executive
Thanks wrx884,I'll have a look on Saturday and see if I can do it properly this time. For interest sake I believe that the VR has one on each side.

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
different havc units plus ive had mine out 2 replace the heater core haha not a fun job but its 1 thing u gotta check.

som

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt executive
Thanks mate,should've asked if someone had replaced the heater core. You've actually seen the parts so that'll do me.Fingers crossed I'll sort it on Sat. I haven't considered the core because it only happens when the humidity is really high.I ran the thing for 2 hours this morning,heater on/heater off with the a/c on and couldn't get it to drip but I tried again for 30 minutes this arvo whilst it was raining (just the a/c) and sure enough a small damp patch appeared Thanks again to you and accentstencil for your help

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
2 rule out its the heater core the sure way of telling its leaking is wen uve got the heater running ur windows will start 2 fog up. if they dont then it'll b somthing else.