Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Airconditioning experts?

tommo82

Non-donating member.
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 HSV Senator
I've got a Daikin ducted split system in my house.

Since it's a period home, there was no convenient spot to install the return air system when the original installation took place, so the ducts were poked through the manhole in the hallway.

I now want to have these properly installed. My plan was to have two smaller vents installed at opposite ends of the hallway.

The original return air grille supplied with the system was approx 900x450mm - far too big for the hallway ceiling.

I'm told by the A/C company (Coldflow) that the smallest they can do is 550x550. This presents a problem as the roof battons are approx 450 apart (if I recall correctly).

Is it possible to get rectangle vents, and if so, from where? Any melbourne A/C companies out there? (qualified, insured and not one-man-bands only). I'm really just after a group to come and do the work rather than me mess about sourcing parts.

The other question is on the Daikin wall control panel there is an icon of a tap with water running. Any ideas what this represents? I can't find the original Daikin manual.

Thanks all

NB: before anyone asks, it is not feasible to install the return air in the walls.

hsvpunk

volunteer firefighter
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss II M6
Im guessing holden couldnt help you on this one. lol.

Im fairly sure the tap icon is when the water is filling up again in the system.

tommo82

Non-donating member.
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 HSV Senator
Im guessing holden couldnt help you on this one. lol.

Im fairly sure the tap icon is when the water is filling up again in the system.

Does it mean there's a problem? The icon only appeared a few days ago

(It is a reverse cycle: water is not needed as supply). I imagine the fan box has a condensate drain. Maybe this is blocked? This is all I can think of by the icon being there.

-Junior-

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn auto
With the inlets, is the 550 x 550 the size of the cutout or the outside dimensions?

Don't remember seeing smaller vents when I was doing a/c work.