Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Airhammer CAI causing squealing noise?

Voodoooo6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 2009 SV6 ute
Hi all first time posting in here,

So installed an airhammer CAI on my VE SV6 ute a few months ago and I noticed a squealing from the front passenger side when going around corners an hitting bumps. At first i thought it was the wheel bearing but i changed it back to stock intake (for service an warranty reasons) an the noise went away. Dealership took it for a test drive an looked over it an couldnt hear the noise or find any cause for it. Drove home an still nothing.
Put airhammer back on same day an went for drive an squealing comes back!

Just wondering if anyone has had this problem with airhammer or similar intakes an if anyone has found a fix?
Cheers

Matt_27

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE
Yep mine does it too. Its just the air whistling as its getting sucked in. As the filter is on the passenger side thats why ur hearing it more on that side. Had mine for a couple of years now and have had no problems. I had it checked out aswell when i first got mine. Not by holden tho

a.critta

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series II
+1 for it being normal!

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
So long as nothing is coming into contact with moving parts, belts and fans etc... I would agree with the others have said, normal.
All pod style filters will make some sort of noise, at a certain RPM my VCM Airbox will whistle.

Voodoooo6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 2009 SV6 ute
Thanks for the replies guys.. this happens constantly and only around corners or bumps like its rubbing on something? S**ts me up the wall. I know the air whistle from intakes but sounds like squealing from brakes (even though im not breaking). Guess i'll try adjusting the the piping an filter see if it works or turn my music up :p

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
Is any part on the intake touching somewhere?
Is the pod rubbing on the inner guard?

HEKYEH

Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged 2010 VE SS-V
You would get VERY minimal gains from the airhammer vs stock airbox. Just change it back to stock and u won't have the whistle.

Easy :)

Voodoooo6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 2009 SV6 ute
All good.. Filter was touching the inner guard an foglight. I adjusted the piping an intake an put a bit of foam tape on the inner guard where it rubbed for a more of a snug fit and no squeal.