Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ALL NZ cities girdlocked

commsirac

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Members Ride
vx
Im sure there are many truckies out there that are more intelligent than you, or me, or anyone else on this forum... Im sure they understand the situation but it's really a venting of their frustration than anything else.

If they understood the situation they wouldnt be doing what they are doing. They would realise that it is responsible action by the government. Perhaps if they were listening to someone like Professor Gaurnat right atm(address to national press club)(they can get it off the website) they would have more insight on the matter.
I couldnt care less about any truckies who are offended. Blocking public roads is just the action of thugs/bullies, possibly authorities are too reluctant to prosecute as these morons will do something even more stupid in retaliation.

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
SuccessfulTrollisSuccessful.jpg

FusionX

Reaction score
It is rather obvious that commsirac doesn't understand the transport industry.

If it was as easy as putting up rates to go with the price of diesel, don't you think we would have done that?? Don't talk about **** you don't know about.

MasterOfReality

Miners go deeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 LC Sahara TTDV8, 1991 VP Calais V8
Professor Garnaut.

What a crock of **** this ETS thing is.

Some government official in Europe somewhere realised that if they talk up global warming, then they can justify to the people extra tax, hence make a ****load of money out of it. It is nothing more than a huge money making exercise and if you are a scientist you would do well to hop on the global warming gravy train, and by what I have been reading on the ABC website, its going to be the high income earners yet again be expected to wear the cost.

Another useless idea from Labor, especially when at the end of the day Australia's contribution to the world scale is miniscule.

Rant over.

commsirac

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Members Ride
vx
It is rather obvious that commsirac doesn't understand the transport industry.

If it was as easy as putting up rates to go with the price of diesel, don't you think we would have done that?? Don't talk about **** you don't know about.

Better explain it to me!

Yeh, I know there are some transport companies that sign contracts to deliver x amount at y cost for the next year etc........but isnt that their own stupidity for doing that when they have costs that can never be assumed to be set in stone. (next time I do something stupid I wont be blocking public roads in fustration!)

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
next time I do something stupid I wont be blocking public roads in fustration!

No - you'll be clicking on "Submit Reply" and it will be the rest of us that end up frustrated.

:whistling

commsirac

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Members Ride
vx
Wow, thats 3 personal attacks in short succession CSP.
If you have something intelligent to contribute to the thread, please post, but if you want to get your jollies by these methods, perhaps go and find a proper sandpit to play in.

FusionX

Reaction score
The problem is not so much with the Government, but they can certainly help out.

You can put all the prices up, then you get some other company come through and undercut you. You might say that to do that, they must be doing something smarter/better/cheaper to be able to. Thing is they aren't. They are taking the losses and racking up big debts. Saw this last year with a transport company, left over 12 million in debt (had been doing this for 2 years). A couple of companys have done this in the past, but when tenders and that are offered people always go with the cheapest.

The Government could do something to help out, as of the 1st of July all off-road machinery (anything working in quarrys/construction site) of ours gets a 20 cent a litre rebate on diesel. Why not extend that to truck owners?

While what they did probably wasn't the best of ideas and there are other things that could of been thought of. It needed to be bought to light truck owners are doing it tough at the moment. Of what profit margins there were have virtually dissappeared. Its not just diesel costs but over the coming years more traffic on the road, extra sets of traffic lights, everythings now takes longer.

If that makes any sense i'm doing well.... up for over 24 hours now.

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
The Government could do something to help out, as of the 1st of July all off-road machinery (anything working in quarrys/construction site) of ours gets a 20 cent a litre rebate on diesel. Why not extend that to truck owners?

in fact they do all get it.

it's funny, truckers are one of the only road transport users who are immune to fuel price increases - they should just pass it on to their customers.

you won't see Lindsay Fox going broke, or losing any money over higher fuel prices. but then he didn't sign any long term contracts locking him into a price with his customers.

sadly, a lot of ma and pa companies just aren't as smart as Lindsay Fox.

trucking is a low barrier to entry industry, like taxi driving and fish and chip shop owners. other than the really cunning operators, they will always do it tough.

FusionX

Reaction score
Alot of truck drivers don't set the rates they get paid. They just go work for a company and get paid per tonne they cart or per km they travel.

Immune from fuel price increases? since when?