Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Alloytec without timing cover

impulsive

Alloytec Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Alloytec
Found some old photo's, Might spark someone's interest.

DSCF7841-1.jpg

CAPRILICIOUS WL

Reaction score
Members Ride
WL CAPRICE

ashbox

back in black
Reaction score
Members Ride
something black
well lets see, theres 3 timing chains for starters..

CRUSTIN

P-plater
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S 175 Ute
CAPRILICIOUS WL:2041162 said:
Wow it's extremely clean. How???
Not sure if Iv asked you this but did u replace the whole lot: chains, guides, tensioners?
And did u use an aftermarket kit or genuine.

I currently have the same problem. :(
Sounds like a diesel engine.

Heres the link with vidz of the sounds aswell if anyone would like a listen.
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au...nt-engine-sounds-like-diesel-please-help.html

Will you please spend a few bucks and fix it instead of whining in every thread related to your problem.

CAPRILICIOUS WL

Reaction score
Members Ride
WL CAPRICE
Will you please spend a few bucks and fix it instead of whining in every thread related to your problem.

Bro whats it to u??
I got to do my research and sh!t
Money isn't the issue at all actually, it's finding the right info before I rush into sumthing.
I'm making sure this gets done rite so I dont end up with the same problem 2 month later cause of lack of info.
I wasn't whining bout jack I was asking wether it was replaced as a kit or just the chains.

impulsive

Alloytec Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Alloytec
no i didnt replace the lot, just the broken tensioner, Clean?? well there is no way of it getting dirty i guess, hidden behind the timing cover.

As for your case, no one will know the bare reason yours sounds like it does untill they see what is there in front of you... (why i posted this thread is for you mainly) refer to, might spark someones interest...

I suggest you replace only what's broken or whats needed to, there is no need to replace anything else... if your in brisbane, it would pay to visit Matt stocker Automotive, he did the repair on mine, he will probably remember it.. just mention 'daves' tensioner. If anyone, i reckon he would be the bloke to speak to, sound very similiar to my issue.

As for crustin, mate hack someone else's thread to bit's, im with cap, who cares how much he asks or what he does, as above i mainly posted this thread for his attention... there is too many forum warriors here already