Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vemate

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve berlina wagon
Hey, so I recently purchased a 2009 ve berlina wagon v6 alloytech second hand (I know, I know, WhY'd YoU gEt A vE, dw about that just leave it lol).

I came up with a few codes that I have been able to fix myself after replacing my timing chain however I have one code and cannot locate where this sensor is to replace it as it is causing piston misfires on 2, 4 and 6.
20240413_172543.jpg
20240413_172546.jpg
20240413_172548.jpg
20240413_172550.jpg

I ran the obd reader on it and it's saying p0348 camshaft position sensor 'A' circuit high bank 2.
20240413_172537.jpg

Except I have no idea where this is please if someone can help me locate the plug position and if possible a link to buy one I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you

Last edited:

VT2Commie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Clubsport R8
You may have left the earth terminal off of the passenger side cylinder head?

Are all the sensors in the front engine cover for the passenger side camshafts fully seated in their holes, and do they have any noticable damage to them? These are the two OR one black sensor in the front engine cover at the top left of the cover?

All the sensor plugs plugged back in?

Edit..
Did you lever the front cover off from the top and crush the cam position sensor in the process?

Last edited:

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Those codes are not shopping lists of what to replace.

They provide a starting point of investigation.

Misfires on one bank only.
Best case, as above, you’ve left off the harness earth on the head. Or it’s damaged.

worst case, you buggered the timing and you need to redo the chains and get that bank right.