Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Alpine type R

Dan_VX_Spac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina LS1
Hey gut=ys i got some alpine type r components and coaxs hooked up just wanted to know if anyone knew which amp would be suitable for them

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
If you wanted to go with Alpine (new) then the below link is a good option. Although i assume the coaxial speakers are mounted in the rear doors?
If so, i'd bridge the channels of this amp and run 150wrms into the components, this is because you wont hear much difference by amping the rears, especially since the fronts will be amped too.

Alpine Electronics of Australia

If you dont have the $$$ to buy that Alpine amp i would get basically any name brand amplifier that produces between 80 and 150wrms a channel.

As you havent mentioned sub/s, the components will need to play bass.....this is fine for the Type Rs as theyre a great, solid sounding speaker. Although the lower bass frequencies (30-60hz) is where they will struggle at high volumes. Whatever amp you get just make sure it has high pass filters. These "filter" out the low bass going to the speakers and allow them to play louder and clearer. If youre going to install the amp yourself, set the "HPF" to around 60hz.

Luke0011

Car Audio Installer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina 2005
Just if you didnt know holdenboy, but bridging speakers other than subs reduce the stereo bandwith output to the speakers thus reducing sound quality. But your right on the 80 to 150 wrms.

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
you just loose cone control, as said.

Think an old lady waving good-bye with ta-ta flaps. all the stuff is still there and she might have as much power as a young woman but she just wobbles all over the place!

Luke0011

Car Audio Installer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina 2005
sorry can you explain further please garfa

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
Yeah i was aware of that Luke0011, thats just if he want to buy the 4ch. i provided a link for. I would idealy recommend a 2ch. amplifier with 80-150wrms.

Would the reduction in stereo bandwidth be noticeable to the average punter?