Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Alternator Rebuild

ivaninoz

Ivaninoz
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SerIII Statesman
G'Day Ppl,

This link might be of help to some,
as long as you have Basic tools:thumbsup:
Cannot find similar here.

Bosch_repair

Yes!
I know it is from the Range Rover Site:D

Then,
I found it on a BMW Site.
Some of the Beemer Ppl do get their Pinkies Dirty ,
some of the others, well:whistling

PRH

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp s utility,and a KENWORTH
G'day all
Not a bad write up,the only thing he did'nt say is that screws are
#2 POZIDRIVE not #2 PHILLIPS,they look like phillips but the shape of the blade is different on the screwdriver.
The drive end bearing retainer screws are tighter than a fishes bum at 50 fathoms,i always use an impact screw driver to undo them,if you try using an ordinary phillips there is a good chance you will rip the inside of the screw head out,then your in more **** than a Werribee duck.
The other thing to be careful of is the slip rings ,do not lever the bearing off against them,clamp the rotor in the vice and lever against to vice itself.
Regards Phillip

Matt0

Reaction score
A full rebuild requires more than basic tools. Tools like a bearing puller and press are required. They aren't difficult to work with but without a press or puller, it's a waste of time doing an overhaul.

Matt0

Reaction score
G'day all
Not a bad write up,the only thing he did'nt say is that screws are
#2 POZIDRIVE not #2 PHILLIPS,they look like phillips but the shape of the blade is different on the screwdriver.
The drive end bearing retainer screws are tighter than a fishes bum at 50 fathoms,i always use an impact screw driver to undo them,if you try using an ordinary phillips there is a good chance you will rip the inside of the screw head out,then your in more **** than a Werribee duck.
The other thing to be careful of is the slip rings ,do not lever the bearing off against them,clamp the rotor in the vice and lever against to vice itself.
Regards Phillip

:rofl: Fishes bum? Werribee duck? Thanks for the laugh.