Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

american boss amp playing up

VN-88

fiery red vn manual
Reaction score
victoria , lakes entrance, u live there tell me!!
Members Ride
vn v6 s1 manual
hey fellas. for awile now my amp has been doing some wierd. someetimes wen i would start my car up my speackers and amp would just make a popping noise with about 2 or 3 seconds in between each pop. but now it does it all the time. before if i just turned my sterio on and off it would fix it.

so yeah i pulled my amp apart checked all solder spots and for anything burnout and before putting it back together tried it again. and it worked fine. so i put it back to gether put it in my car but then nothing. not even popping. but it still has green light and power.

all fuses are fine. all wires are fine. it has power and interals look ok as far as i can tell. any ideas?

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
peel the badge off of it and it'll work 100% better

j/k sorry. ahem. seriously though

when you dismantled it did you check top and bottom of the PCB for signs of heat wear?

also in the process of taking it apart, did you remove the transistors off the heatsink? [black bits "screwed" to somethign or the other, lubed with white paste normally ] they may need chacking to see if one has failed internally

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
i would try jaycar but i doubt it would help. probably look up a big electronic components supplier.
OR have a chat to an car audio place (excludes jb and strath).

VN-88

fiery red vn manual
Reaction score
victoria , lakes entrance, u live there tell me!!
Members Ride
vn v6 s1 manual
ok ive tried everyone in town and no luck so far. anyone have a web address of a place were i may be able to get it. or any phone numbers and the names of places in victoria that may be able to help me.

also ill give u the details of what it has written on it and if anyone is stripping a amp can u see if u have one the same. thanks

its no bigger then my finger nail
3 wire strips coming out

FMG 24R
-<->-
09 08

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
mate just go to a car audio place if they cant get the part they will know someone who can fix it. no one here willl be pulling apart an american boss amp model ..........