Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Amp overheating?

adamc11

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VE SS V Z M6
Yeah, i know the 300/4s, great amp ;)

Anyway, its a good sign that it hasnt gone into protect.....maybe it did run that hot in the SS and you never realised / checked it?
I wouldnt use 8AWG to power an amp like that, 4AWG is more ideal. I know youre not really pushing the amp that hard either, but its just something to think about in the future if this cant be solved.
Where did you ground the amp?
When you say you have the voltage set to high instead of low, you mean the input level? I'd be putting that on low if youre using RCAs from the head-units preouts too. Not sure if that'll make any difference though.

I grounded the amp straight into the chassis in the boot. They say that 8awg is the minimum so it should be okay but as you said it's something i can try if all else fails. Yes i am referring to the input level... i will double check its set right and if not see if changing it does anything.

I'm not sure how i'm going to wire the HU and amp(s) up. See: http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/car-audio/128514-head-unit-amp-help.html

I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks for the help :thumbsup: