Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Android TV not powering up?

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
I left it alone overnight then it worked this morning and it worked perfectly,but but what I don't understand is why it didn't work last night and then this morning at work perfectly bloody technology :(

Maybe an update failed locked it up? And perhaps the cold restart has allowed it to sort itself out? Who knows? Keep an eye on it - especially if it’s still under warranty!

White beast 2023

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Commodore
Maybe an update failed locked it up? And perhaps the cold restart has allowed it to sort itself out? Who knows? Keep an eye on it - especially if it’s still under warranty!
No update was being installed because I've been having issues with the setting with connecting it back to Wi-Fi has the Wi-Fi is disabled so definitely wasn't that, and yes that's why I left the TV alone all last night and I'm glad it pays off in the end but I definitely will keep an eye on it I'm actually leaving the TV on right now because after what happened last night, and also went through all my documentation of the TV last night's with the troubleshooting as well with the TV.

marty351

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl gemini
Have the same/similar problem with a 10yr old DSE branded hdtv-dvd. Turning off the tv or a blackout and it wouldn't respond with either the remote or power button on the side. The red light was fine and turning plug switch off for 10 seconds and on again would give the appearance of powering up (screen would lighten a bit) and I found the solution was to keep flicking the switch and occasionally waiting until (hoping for) the screen to jump back into life.
These tv are millennials, slapping them only hurts you.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Have the same/similar problem with a 10yr old DSE branded hdtv-dvd. Turning off the tv or a blackout and it wouldn't respond with either the remote or power button on the side. The red light was fine and turning plug switch off for 10 seconds and on again would give the appearance of powering up (screen would lighten a bit) and I found the solution was to keep flicking the switch and occasionally waiting until (hoping for) the screen to jump back into life.
These tv are millennials, slapping them only hurts you.
Time to find out how far you can bounce the remote off the screen!

White beast 2023

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Commodore
Unfortunately my old TV I think something has happened too it , as it's not connecting to any of my Bluetooth devices now plus it's not finding my Wi fi,I tried resetting the tv to fix the issues but it didn't any of these problems.

So decided to replace the tv, with another 40 inch hinese tv and fixed all the previous issues with my previous JVC Android TV

Pm me if anyone wants a tv as I will be getting rid of my JVC Android TV as soon as possible.