Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Annoying Flat Spot

Patto68

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 UTE
Gday, ive got a 99 VS V6 ute, and its got a flat spot and running like crap and goes no where at low revs then when you get to about 2500 rpm it takes of as normal, ive replaced fuel filter, tried a different fuel pump and had a fuel pressure test, cleaned throttle body and injectors, replaced leads and plugs, tried a different coil pack, tried a different ecu, and had a compression test, all of that was fine but it is still running like crap, has anyone had this problem or could help me out as it would be much apreciated, or even give us a call 0400374562 as its realy starting to annoy me cheers patto...

stockvp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec,honda civic,mazda626
Hi there,
when you say they coil pack did you actually change the plate they go in. coz my mates vs had a prob with this side of things and fuel pump stuffs up if you run them down low all the time

DannyboyDS

Just hand me the pliers.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
had your auto checked out? error codes? oxy sensors? what condition were the old spark plugs in? have a look at the new ones in there and tell us what condition they are now in, what color is the build up on them if any.

Patto68

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 UTE
Hi there,
when you say they coil pack did you actually change the plate they go in. coz my mates vs had a prob with this side of things and fuel pump stuffs up if you run them down low all the time

Gday, yer the bloke swapped the coilpack out of another vs and it didnt make any difference, but im not sure about the plate they go in, and i dont really run it down low all the time, im pretty much into it...

Patto68

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 UTE
had your auto checked out? error codes? oxy sensors? what condition were the old spark plugs in? have a look at the new ones in there and tell us what condition they are now in, what color is the build up on them if any.

Gday, all fault codes have been cleared, didnt show any different fault codes when i swapped computers, the old plugs were pretty black, they were only changed about a month ago, its also had a compression test and that was fine too... cheers patto

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
Check the fault codes again and see if she comes back with anything.

DzRBenson

Reaction score
Hey mate, I had the same problem changed all the same things you did including the dfi module.

It fixed a bit but not much, so out of frustration I filled my tank with vortex 98 and a bottle of nulon injector cleaner and it fixed itself.

Even though I had all the stuff before it done, the cheap trick worked... just a thought

Patto68

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 UTE
Hey mate, I had the same problem changed all the same things you did including the dfi module.

It fixed a bit but not much, so out of frustration I filled my tank with vortex 98 and a bottle of nulon injector cleaner and it fixed itself.

Even though I had all the stuff before it done, the cheap trick worked... just a thought

Gday mate, but did you have your injectors cleaned before you did this...

DzRBenson

Reaction score
Gday mate, but did you have your injectors cleaned before you did this...

I didn't have to apparently my injectors were already cleaned, Had them checked along with the Throttle body

Must have been cleaned before I bought it

The only thing wrong with my car now is the fuel consumption ;)