Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Annoying Problem...

fourstar82

Head Chef Honcho
Reaction score
Website
s31.photobucket.com
Members Ride
VYII 25th Anniversary, 2007 VE Calais
I have a slight problem with my VS Acclaim, my power mirrors are not working when i try to adjust them with the controler thingy. I checked the fuse that corrosponds with them but its fine, i tested it with a spare one, but as a result the airbag light has come up on the dash!!! I'm thinking it might be some sort of electrical problem, thinking i might go down to my local dealer and get them to have a look. Anyone hae any ideas of what might be causing the problem?

Andy

stheggie

Reaction score
I would go to an Auto Elec instead of the Dealer.. Dealers arent always the best at finding problems :)

TAILS83

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
yeah i got that problem in the vr, I was playing around with the wiring between the door wiggling it around and it made it work so give that a go.

ChRiDDa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-Z Sportwagon
i had the same problem with my electric mirrors in my vr! problem was a broken wire in the door on the drivers side! cost = $75 bananas!

fourstar82

Head Chef Honcho
Reaction score
Website
s31.photobucket.com
Members Ride
What about the airbag light coming up, any ideas why that ight have happened?

gsmrobinson

Reaction score
Does the airbag light come on and stay on? and/or does it come on straight away?

let us know...regards Guy.

fourstar82

Head Chef Honcho
Reaction score
Website
s31.photobucket.com
Members Ride
When I start the car all the dash lights will come on, then go off, then the airbag light comes back on and stays on.

P

pythian

i'd be careful then, you might be driving along one day and it will blow up in your face

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
hmm the airbag light means a failure in the airbag circuit. but then i'm not sure, could it also mean a past failure that isn't present anymore (say by removing the fuse)?

try disconnecting your battery for 10 seconds, then see if it still comes on.

you really don't want to be replacing the airbag or associated circuits, unless you're made of money

D

djmcl3

G'Day mate,
think you might have two seperate issues here. Firstly the easy one. Have you installed speakers in the front doors recently? Often the door wiring harnesses can be damaged running speaker wires through the rubber sleeve at the door join. Buy a cheap $10 test light and ensure you have no cuts in your wiring through the doors. Just put one probe on the door switch terminal and one at the BCM plug. Suss it out that way.

Does the airbag light come on while your turning the wheel? Often a faulty clock spring behind the wheel pad can set these off. Find an empty car park and just drive round slowly lock to lock and see if the light appears if this is the case. If so renew the clock spring. Otherwise your Holden dealer might be the best shot.

Regards

Dave