Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Another "have a look at my crash" thread

ProphetVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
A Pushie
Hey guys and girls, I know its a skyline, but I had a rather eventful weekend, lost my pride and joy, but not my life which is the most important thing.

I was driving along a country road, not far from singleton, as we made the trip up the for my girlfriends neice's christening, it'll certainly be a story told at her 21st. At about 4pm on sunday afternoon I was travelling at about 80kmh an hour, and a kangaroo was up ahead on the road, so I swerved, lost control on the light coating of gravel on the road, slammed on the brakes (I panicked, and I should never have touched the damn thing) and careered towards the edge of the road, as it turned out I was going no faster than walking pace at this point in time (if the road was another meter or two wider, I'd still have a car in perfect condition), and I rolled off an embankment which had about a 3 meter or so drop down into a creek bed, the car rolled 1 and half times side ways and flipped back towards the road.

We were stuck in the car sitting in about 3 or 4 inches of water (thank god for the drought), trying to smash the passengers side window out (mine was under water), my gf's uncle broke his hand from punching the window frantically, we tried using the steel from a head rest, but I eventually found a rock in the creek bed which we used. As it turns out we all got out virtually unscathed, I've got about 15 stitches in my leg from being dragged out the window, my gf's uncle has a few stitches in his feet and a hairline fracture in his hand, and the passenger in the back seat had a few general aches and pains but was alright.

So anyone who ever comes across a kangaroo, hit the bastard, don't try and avoid it or you could do alot more damage otherwise. The ambos and police said they've never seen a crash as bad as this and everyone able to walk away from it. I'm very lucky to be here, the car wasn't insured as I was having an alarm fitted this week so it could get insured, but a 15 grand car is a small price to pay for my life. On the plus side, the car is virtually a perfect front cut, with no damage to any parts in the engine bay or undercarriage, its all just body work, so I should be able to get a fair bit of my losses back that way.

In the creek
img36871yh0.jpg

img36881vx3.jpg

img36951aj6.jpg

img37061ue1.jpg

img37141fu2.jpg

The aftermath
img37261kw1.jpg

img37281oz4.jpg

img37291wp0.jpg

img37311zr9.jpg

img37371ff4.jpg

DANS_S4

DANS S4
Reaction score
Website
www.toptiara.com
Members Ride
AUDI S4!
Damn. Sorry to hear about the car, but its only a lump of metal at the end of the day. Glad to hear that nobody was seriously injured

cano1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS stateo 5ltr
Sorry to hear about that mate, atleast no one was seriously injured.

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
I'm surprised that the car held up pretty well!! The front end is almost perfect.

Lucky you are alive and it ain't a Holden!

fabz

I Can Do Science Me
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown V6 VT commodore 5 speed
Does it still start? See if you can find a good shell to buy and do the transplant? Good to hear all peoples are ok.

ProphetVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
A Pushie
I'm surprised that the car held up pretty well!! The front end is almost perfect.

Lucky you are alive and it ain't a Holden!

LOL thats exactly what I thought when I saw the wreck the next day after I got back from hospital, I was stunned at how well it held up, and said to my gf, I doubt the commodore would have held up so well. They have a bloody tough chassis by the looks of it, we hit the ground hard and it barely made the roof cave in, I've seen plenty of commys look a lot worse for alot less.

the front end with the exception of the bonnet, and mud through the front left headlight casing is pretty much spotless, I couldn't believe my luck, at least I can get a fair chunk of my money back for it now.

ProphetVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
A Pushie
Does it still start? See if you can find a good shell to buy and do the transplant? Good to hear all peoples are ok.

It turned over, but wouldn't start, the pod was full of mud, and crap all over the timing belt, I haven't had a decent chance to look over it, as its still up in singleton, I'm picking it up next weekend. Based on what I saw in the engine bay, I can't see any reason as to why it wouldn't turn over, just gotta clean it up before I try it again. I've gotta look at shells, hopefully its reasonably priced.

fabz

I Can Do Science Me
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown V6 VT commodore 5 speed
id say rebuild time!! Good excuse to make a few dollars dissappear with out the missus knowing *wink* *wink*

cxcxcxvcvcvc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
It turned over, but wouldn't start, the pod was full of mud, and crap all over the timing belt, I haven't had a decent chance to look over it, as its still up in singleton, I'm picking it up next weekend. Based on what I saw in the engine bay, I can't see any reason as to why it wouldn't turn over, just gotta clean it up before I try it again. I've gotta look at shells, hopefully its reasonably priced.

stick it all in a vl lol!