Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Another Hoon Story, - Truely Terrifying

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
This stuff probably breaks even, or even makes money given the hefty fines they dish out for this stuff. Catching rapists/murderers etc is obviously more important, but will be a much, much bigger money sink. In ROI terms this stuff is probably a winner, plus big PR points right there.

I just don't give a **** anymore, I keep my car legal (really not hard to do), for the most part I drive legal, and life is peachy! :)

cracker

Reaction score
wiring next to fuel lines...whats your point thats not illegal at all, or unsafe at all
fuses next to fuel lines so what, if there not leaking who cares, and really if your cars leaking fuel you really shouldnt be driving it.
if your that hopeless at wiring things theres a good chance the cars going to burn anyway, hydrocarbons such as basically the whole insides of your car burrnnnn reallly well and produce really healthy fumes

HSVchixy

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VY Clubsport
back in 2003 i had a mirage with a really poorly fitted pod filter flapping around as they do, got pulled up by police and was told if it was even just cable tied in place i wouldn't have been defected... so needless to say, i cable tied as dodgy as may be and was passed by vicroads... morons!
couldn't get away with that these days but i'd sure do it to somebody elses car and see if it passes, definately not mine again! :)

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
No, especially because they were all fitted with them exploding air filters!!

I'm truly shocked and horrified that places like autobarn and superhoon are even allowed to sell these time bombs!

.. *yawn*

truly shocking isn't it.

fuses next to fuel lines? one spark..............

edit: where can i get a big sticker of some dynamite with burning fuse for my rear windscreen. maybe wrapped in a pick ribon. after all i must be gay with a POD filter and with the fuel pump going into my boot it's gonna have to blow soon

Last edited:

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
LS1 VN + WK Grange 0010 + HPW VX SS
****. I wrote an epic post for the news page. I didn't see the character limit. Needless to say I blew wayyy over the character limit.. so it's only for you guys to see now :(

Here's the problem we have. I'm a young guy (22) with a modified car, however I have never been convicted of any serious form of driving offence (the odd 10 over, but we've all done this). There are modified cars, and then there are modified cars. The annoying kid who laps the block at 2 in the morning doing burnouts (yes, I have to put up with this too) is NOT a true enthusiast! The trouble is, these "strike force" setups are hurting the true enthusiasts Australia wide, not necessarily the people who deserve it. We (automotive enthusiasts) are experiencing a horrid case of a few bad apples ruining it for the rest of us - the general public has very little love left for the modified street car DIRECTLY as a result of the actions of a degenerate few.

I won't ever applaud someone for driving like a retard where people could be injured at a simple mistake, responsibility is paramount when in control of a machine so capable. When it comes to modifications, the same rule applies. If it isn't safe, DON'T DO IT. Simple. Now here's the problem, something a lot of you may not be aware of. It's been mentioned already, pod filters are harmless and in no way a hazard on these cars. They can be (and have been) engineer certified as a legally approved modification in every state in Australia, as far as I am aware. They do not fill up with fuel and explode. The Sprinter (yes, Sprinter, it's not a Celica) with the fuel pump in the boot.. this sounds terrible, but as long as the lines are good quality (stainless braided would be the regulation for this I believe), and insulated from rubbing against cuts in the metal work with the use of a rubber grommet or similar, this is again a perfectly safe modification used in many cars. Fuses near fuel lines are not unsafe. If your fuel lines are leaking vapour your car has bigger problems, but you will find 99% of fuse designs, if not all of them, are designed to house any sparking internally, meaning this is not a likely ignition source at all.

While I acknowledge there is a problem with the behaviour of a few, please recognize that we are not all like the block-lapping kid who does burnouts on your street corner at 2 in the morning, and PLEASE do not tar us all with the same brush.

As I mentioned above, there are modified cars, and then there are modified cars. There are responsible drivers, and there are others who make us look like idiots. Try not to stereotype us please.

Sam

Reckon I was close?
Still thinking about emailing media watch.. might send them this^

Feedback / additions / ideas / criticism welcome!
Sam

VKCOMMO

Carpark Mechanic.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 T5, '77 BMW 320i e21, and a pair of Nike Air
****. I wrote an epic post for the news page. I didn't see the character limit. Needless to say I blew wayyy over the character limit.. so it's only for you guys to see now :(

Here's the problem we have. I'm a young guy (22) with a modified car, however I have never been convicted of any serious form of driving offence (the odd 10 over, but we've all done this). There are modified cars, and then there are modified cars. The annoying kid who laps the block at 2 in the morning doing burnouts (yes, I have to put up with this too) is NOT a true enthusiast! The trouble is, these "strike force" setups are hurting the true enthusiasts Australia wide, not necessarily the people who deserve it. We (automotive enthusiasts) are experiencing a horrid case of a few bad apples ruining it for the rest of us - the general public has very little love left for the modified street car DIRECTLY as a result of the actions of a degenerate few.

I won't ever applaud someone for driving like a retard where people could be injured at a simple mistake, responsibility is paramount when in control of a machine so capable. When it comes to modifications, the same rule applies. If it isn't safe, DON'T DO IT. Simple. Now here's the problem, something a lot of you may not be aware of. It's been mentioned already, pod filters are harmless and in no way a hazard on these cars. They can be (and have been) engineer certified as a legally approved modification in every state in Australia, as far as I am aware. They do not fill up with fuel and explode. The Sprinter (yes, Sprinter, it's not a Celica) with the fuel pump in the boot.. this sounds terrible, but as long as the lines are good quality (stainless braided would be the regulation for this I believe), and insulated from rubbing against cuts in the metal work with the use of a rubber grommet or similar, this is again a perfectly safe modification used in many cars. Fuses near fuel lines are not unsafe. If your fuel lines are leaking vapour your car has bigger problems, but you will find 99% of fuse designs, if not all of them, are designed to house any sparking internally, meaning this is not a likely ignition source at all.

While I acknowledge there is a problem with the behaviour of a few, please recognize that we are not all like the block-lapping kid who does burnouts on your street corner at 2 in the morning, and PLEASE do not tar us all with the same brush.

As I mentioned above, there are modified cars, and then there are modified cars. There are responsible drivers, and there are others who make us look like idiots. Try not to stereotype us please.

Sam

Reckon I was close?
Still thinking about emailing media watch.. might send them this^

Feedback / additions / ideas / criticism welcome!
Sam
Good rant and i do believe you should email it to them... and/or to the leader of the strike-force...

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
The whole system to catch hoons is a failure. Even the term "hoon" has no proper definition. It's a joke. I feel for the cops who are just trying to do their jobs and get this anti hoon propaganda drilled into them. Worst part is most are gullible enough to believe it. I'm tired of watching where and when I accelerate heavily to save my "hoon" vehicle from permanent seisure.