Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

another xforce thread

lachiemate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
As above message Not_an_abba_fan, been in the business for some time and knows his stuff with after market.
I went back to stock SS / HSV catback.

I sent him a message 2 days ago the point of the thread was to see what other people did and how they found it

VESSVBLACK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Series 1
getting serious and xforce do not go together. Cheap, mass produced Chinese garbage that sounds like ass. Get a custom exhaust if you're 'serious'...

Actually they are excellent value and sound for the price, and make as much power as any other. So if it is made in china like you say , makes the quality any worse than the big names systems? If you actually got off behind your computer and actually go and have a ''real'' look at a xforce system, infact they are pretty well made system, if they were manufactured in Oz then the buyer would be paying a load more for same system..
Custom system WTF why buy a custom system, that you don't know what it will sound like and cost a bomb , his car is a V6 not a Lambo, the system he is asking about will do the job just fine bud without killing his wallet, as if you read the newspapers some people haven't got millions to waste on a exhaust system.

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
What brands have you guys gone? Or what would be the best for the money you pay

Get a set of headers and high flow cats standard system fitted with V8 afm mufflers is best for performance and economy and little sound.

anything else sound droney and will anoy you with the alloytec.

lachiemate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Actually they are excellent value and sound for the price, and make as much power as any other. So if it is made in china like you say , makes the quality any worse than the big names systems? If you actually got off behind your computer and actually go and have a ''real'' look at a xforce system, infact they are pretty well made system, if they were manufactured in Oz then the buyer would be paying a load more for same system..
Custom system WTF why buy a custom system, that you don't know what it will sound like and cost a bomb , his car is a V6 not a Lambo, the system he is asking about will do the job just fine bud without killing his wallet, as if you read the newspapers some people haven't got millions to waste on a exhaust system.

Yea cheers dude got a mate who did a full 2.5 xforce system and to me it sounded awesome, haven't heard the 2.25 though but would love to compare before I make a decision

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
the point of the thread was to see what other people did and how they found it

There's already a whole thread on V6 exhausts for that reason. It's even been sticky'd as it's a popular question.

The problem VESSBLACK isn't that it's made in chine but they've been extremely poor fitting in recent years, there been a lot of complains from people who've fitted the exhaust themselves. And they rust out in 2 years is the other complaint of resent. So that's why people don't like Xforce systems that are made in China.

Last edited:

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition

lachiemate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
There's already a whole thread on V6 exhausts for that reason. It's even been sticky'd as it's a popular question.

The problem VESSBLACK isn't that it's made in chine but they've been extremely poor fitting in recent years, there been a lot of complains from people who've fitted the exhaust themselves. And they rust out in 2 years is the other complaint of resent. So that's why people don't like Xforce systems that are made in China.

Ah right I've never heard of any rusting out that's with the mild steel I assume?

Angry8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF HSV Maloo UTE Walkinshaw 557
VE SS UTE here... cam'd ,cold air intake SS headers etc etc 3" X force 405 killer wasps
Had this car for three years came with X force .
Read numerous threads here and opinions about how shite they are , how they will rust out in a week and how they sound aweful.
Mine have not rusted out , they don't make me puke with droning and fit well .
Although I hear V8 that sound better to me than mine , they are a bit harsh sounding and loud , I am often told by people how good they sound.
Maybe it would be good to upgrade but yes they are a cheap Asian made system but the thought of throwing a couple of grand into the car just to get praise from internet dweeb haters does not interest me.
I would rather spend it on good oil and tyres and maybe a brake upgrade or my motorcycle race bike or maybe the missus.

lachiemate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
VE SS UTE here... cam'd ,cold air intake SS headers etc etc 3" X force 405 killer wasps
Had this car for three years came with X force .
Read numerous threads here and opinions about how shite they are , how they will rust out in a week and how they sound aweful.
Mine have not rusted out , they don't make me puke with droning and fit well .
Although I hear V8 that sound better to me than mine , they are a bit harsh sounding and loud , I am often told by people how good they sound.
Maybe it would be good to upgrade but yes they are a cheap Asian made system but the thought of throwing a couple of grand into the car just to get praise from internet dweeb haters does not interest me.
I would rather spend it on good oil and tyres and maybe a brake upgrade or my motorcycle race bike or maybe the missus.

Mild or stainless?