Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Any advice on what to look for when buying a VS

B

bexx79

hako said:
Up here and with a roadworthy you'd be asking $2400 and be prepared to take $2100. As a trade-in you will get $500 unless they jack up the initial price of the car which then makes you think you are getting a good price.
And a wrecker....drive it there and you get $100, tow it and they'll take it for free. It's a hard world out there.

Spose it's only worth what someone is willing to pay!!!!!
Any suggestions on best place to advertise?
I am in VIC

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
My experience is only with Townsville where the best place to advertise is the local newspaper. Right now I'm up at Cape Don which is northeast of Darwin letting balloons go for an experiment so up here it would be by word of mouth as you cant take your car here. Logically it will be your local 'free' newspaper where ads will cost less than the big dailies. Other places are supermarket noticeboards, park on side of road with 'for sale' on it, word of mouth (tell everybody) or just leave the 'for sale' sign in it around as you drive around......though maybe the last suggestion isn't too good as it draws attention to you. Unless you want to wait a long time to sell the car you must price it in the mid to low range. Check what similar models are getting privately and at dealers and then price your car just below that figure (you need to make the buyer look at your car first). This may not get you top dollar but you get your money quicker and with less hassle4r and waiting by the phone. Good luck and don't lose faith in your fellow man.

filtnineee

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VS commodore series 2
i had to get a new auto at 100,000 so its just luck if u get a good one or not, but anything over 7500 is too much unless it has alot of extras mine has 190,000 and i wouldnt bother asking more then 5000, thats life with commodores. just makes sure u check the trans and its crusing revs at a 100, should be under 2000

MattK

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ V6
Yeah

The VS has minor problems , if its been looked after , it should not bite you with expensive repairs ..

Look for a low Ks one if you can , around 200,000 a lot of things need replacing , steering rack , universals , seals , dep on how the car has been treated of course , so a 100,000k car should be $$ free for a while ...

MattK

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ V6
Hey Bexx

Where are you ? , Im sure some local lads might not mind going shopping with you , nothing like 5 sets of eyes to check out a car ..

Tag team that sales person , usually larger yards will tag team you ! , so do the same to them ... :yeah:

Just Commodores Buyers Club ! :coolpimp:

B

bexx79

MattK said:
Where are you ? , Im sure some local lads might not mind going shopping with you , nothing like 5 sets of eyes to check out a car ..

Tag team that sales person , usually larger yards will tag team you ! , so do the same to them ... :yeah:

Just Commodores Buyers Club ! :coolpimp:

Good old Feraltown (Frankston)!!!!!!
Hope they don't mind if I wear my UGGIES!!!!! (usual street wear)
But I won't be looking for a little while yet, waiting for some cash to come in and I still have to sell the VK.