Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

any auto painters should etch primer be able to be rubbed of?

cxcxcxvcvcvc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Hey mate are you going to make a new thread about the almighty charger???
Because the old one got scrapped when the new server etc happened.
Have been looking forward to updates on the car.
Post up a new one with th eoriginal pics of the car and we can watch its progress.
Keep up the good work.
Catchya!

will do mate:thumbsup:
actaully i need some help on the internals of the panels! there is rust on the inside of the c pillars and inside some of the body work can anyone give me some advice on how to get rid of it as i cannot reach it with a wire brush or anything? the only idea i have is that i was told a trick by a guy who does valiant restorations, he said to get a peice of garden hose about a metre long and plug up one of the ends with a bolt/ball bearing! then drill very small holes though the end of the hose, & fill the hose with fish oil or rust converter, then stick the hose up inside the panel that you cant get to and blow through the hose with an air gun! he reckons it forces the rust kill/fish oil out in an explosion inside the panel killing any rust in its path! i think it is probably the best idea yet:thumbsup:

DannyboyDS

Just hand me the pliers.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
etch primer generally contains acids to do exactly what it says, etch into metal.

As far as I remember it does not always have to be an epoxy, I used to make the junk.

I say go zinc rich etch primer, it should help stop future rust, then over the top with a good undercoat.