Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Any Builders or Plasterers on here know about Villaboard ?

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Yep, random quesiton time again.

I'm in the process of building a bathroom and it time to line the walls with villaboard. The problem is 3 walls have timber frames and the 4th wall is brick on the bottom half, timber on the top half. 1 sheet of villaboard needs to be fastened to the bricks and 1 sheel to the timber.

How can i attach the bottom sheet to the brick wall ? To make life interesting, the shower happens to be in the corner with bricks on one side and timber on the other.
:hmmm:
Anyone got any good ideas or experience on this ????????

Cheers!

vr94ss

walks barefoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS '94/Subi B4 TT '01
Liquid nails? Then tile the lot. Don't forget the right angled piece of **** that i can't remember for the life of me, the name of, that goes around the bottom of the walls and under the flooring tiles. You can see I'm not a builder. That's what I did and it was all good.

Edit: Is Villaboard like that concrete board stuff? I'm presuming it is.

Last edited:

greenacc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Thats too on the edge for me ! It needs to hold up about 60kg in total plus support a glass shower screen ( with a screw through the brick )

greenacc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Yeah mate, its the fibre cement sheet for bathroom walls. And yeah i got the plastic angle for the bottom of the walls.
Did you use liquid nails on that too ?

vr94ss

walks barefoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS '94/Subi B4 TT '01
Thats too on the edge for me ! It needs to hold up about 60kg in total plus support a glass shower screen ( with a screw through the brick )

How so? I googled villaboard and it is the concrete board. Why does the villaboard need to support that weight? You go through the tiles, villaboard to the brick/wall studs for the screen. Liquid nails is good stuff and will hold the board and tile weight with ease, other stuff is drilled through to the hard stuff behind..

greenacc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
I mean the villaboard plus tile weight alone = about 60kg......... Thick as hell porcelein tiles !! Screen is extra but yes will have screws into the bricks.
I'm thinking maybe just use like 20 screws through the sheet into those plastic wall plugs in the bricks behind ??

vr94ss

walks barefoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS '94/Subi B4 TT '01
Yeah mate, its the fibre cement sheet for bathroom walls. And yeah i got the plastic angle for the bottom of the walls.
Did you use liquid nails on that too ?

I did, liquid nails then nailed with real nails to the wood floor... Then painted it all with some waterproofing stuff I can't remember the name of before tiling. Not so helpful. I'll try and remember. It was a while ago and the right angled stuff was metalic not plastic. Times change;)

greenacc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Sounds like waterproofing membrane, Davco or something like that ... rubber paint kinda stuff.

vr94ss

walks barefoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS '94/Subi B4 TT '01
I mean the villaboard plus tile weight alone = about 60kg......... Thick as hell porcelein tiles !! Screen is extra but yes will have screws into the bricks.
I'm thinking maybe just use like 20 screws through the sheet into those plastic wall plugs in the bricks behind ??

Yep, liquid nails then clouts to hold it to the wall when wood is behind it. I didn't have a whole wall of brick to contend with and it was below the wall level if you can imagine what I mean as it was intruding from the next room a bit more than half way(thickness of the wall). For that I used wood strips screwed with those plastic plugs that go into brick with and liquid nails. Got any pics?

I'm sure someone that does this for a living must be here. You'll probably get far better advice but until then;)

vr94ss

walks barefoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS '94/Subi B4 TT '01
Sounds like waterproofing membrane, Davco or something like that ... rubber paint kinda stuff.

Yep probably, kinda looked like contact adhesive;) It was bought for the purpose of sealing the concrete board from water before tiling.