Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Any golfers out there?

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
juzo, do they have a drummond down there? I picke dup first set of PGA's fitted for $600 with everything, best of all when i upgraded to my Taylor mades they traded them back in I only lost $150 on them. Best to have them fitted from scratch as it does make a big difference.

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged
juzo, do they have a drummond down there? I picke dup first set of PGA's fitted for $600 with everything, best of all when i upgraded to my Taylor mades they traded them back in I only lost $150 on them. Best to have them fitted from scratch as it does make a big difference.

What model are the Taylor Made?

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
What model are the Taylor Made?

Bit old now, pretty sure they are R6 series? I know its R something, got them start of last year.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Yeah, Geelong people here are great, my game changed amazingly once I had my own clubs and the fact they were fitted to me. Well worth the trip, perhaps go see your local golf store and see what they offer in fit and play kits?

Robbo_c

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais II,2007 Calais V
Yeah i used to play tonnes like 2 a week and practicing everyday.I wanted to be a pro but after 8 years of constant practice got a bit boring.If you are willing to pay the money titleist are the go for clubs,in my bag i had titleist driver and fairway wood cleveland cg1 which are blades,titliest wedges and a yes putter.ot cheap though y set would be worth a few grand lol.

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
Yeah, Geelong people here are great, my game changed amazingly once I had my own clubs and the fact they were fitted to me. Well worth the trip, perhaps go see your local golf store and see what they offer in fit and play kits?

I'll be tripping out to the pro shop at the golf club as it's the only one around here now to my knowledge. Port fairy's pro shop is supposed to be good too so got a few places to suss out.

commsirac

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Members Ride
vx
Commsirac, what do you mean Macgregor and Srixon are lesser regarded brands? Those two are fantastic brands.

Fantastic brands? no, fantastic clubs, maybe.

IMHO there is nothing wrong with the product, but in the marketing stakes they do nowhere near as well as titleist, taylormade, ping, calloway, nike, etc.

Even though Macgregor clubs cost similar to the others new, they dont retain their value second hand as well as the other brands(have a look on ebay, even check out what a 10yo set of pings are worth), ........hence why I gave them the description of less regarded, they make great buying for those not too worried about what others think.
Possibly the srixon image will improve as they are more visible now on the pro circuit.

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged
For crying out loud, Talk about nit picking :rolleyes:

Fantastic brands? no, fantastic clubs, maybe.

IMHO there is nothing wrong with the product, but in the marketing stakes they do nowhere near as well as titleist, taylormade, ping, calloway, nike, etc.

Even though Macgregor clubs cost similar to the others new, they dont retain their value second hand as well as the other brands(have a look on ebay, even check out what a 10yo set of pings are worth), ........hence why I gave them the description of less regarded, they make great buying for those not too worried about what others think.
Possibly the srixon image will improve as they are more visible now on the pro circuit.