Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Any Guitar players out there? Tips/advice, easy songs to help out the beginners

nicko

Carbon Positive - DO IT!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
75 cruiser ute
G'day,

well after watching an Oasis DVD the next day i drove past a guitar shop and bought an Electirc and acoustic guitar, a couple of books, tuner, capo, amp etc. Now i just need to know how to play it lol. im not interested in lessons but just some basic songs using chords.

So throw me some songs that are nice and easy to play, iv learnt the intro to Wonderwall just then and im loving it so if anyone has any tricks or tips let me know.

Cheers guys.

iRiot

Merc with a Mouth
Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 Holden VR Caprice V8 HSV Enhanced
lol up wonderwall tabs and thats a good easy song i've been playing for about 6 years

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
I play mostly bass but ive messed around with electric a bit, easiest song for guitar is Smoke on the Water by Deep Purple, Enter Sandman is also fairly easy. What i would recommend is getting someone to help you with the first couple of steps so they can point you in the right direction, makes things a lot easier.

jet_pilot

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp executive
nirvana songs are very simple to play thats my suggestion for a begginer

nicko

Carbon Positive - DO IT!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
75 cruiser ute
thanks guys i will get learning, im keen to try holy grail by hunters and colectors love that song.
my ring finger is bleeding a little bit so i gotta stop haha, but hopefully they will get tuff soon

vt_ss_5l

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx SS Gen III
Gday Mate Go on you tube and Search Guitar Lessons And There is Heaps on there Also Grab a Program Called Guitar Pro 5.2 This will help you out Megga Heaps as For Bands Nirvana Acdc are About the most easy to play at First G/L and dont give up!!!!

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
download a program called guitar pro and start searching in google for song names and add gp4 or gp5 on the end of the search. the program scrolls along the tabs while the midi version of the song plays along. sounds cool and a lot easier to learn

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
heres what you do as well, place your finger on the same fret on two strings, then on the string above those 2, place another finger 2 frets down. thats a power chord. learn that and you can play pretty much any rock song on the radio at the moment

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Two totally different techniques with acoustic and electric. Playing chords on an electric is way easier because it is a lazy guitar. You don't have to hit every string in the chord exactly right and it will still sound good. Acoustic is less forgiving. I learnt on an acoustic, then moved to electric. Made the transition easier as I had good finger placement already. Power chords are good for songs with quick changes as you only have to move two fingers in the same position. Wait til you get to minor suspended chords, they are a bastard.

What you want to do is when you have a shower, pi55 on your finger tips. Toughens them up.

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
Two totally different techniques with acoustic and electric. Playing chords on an electric is way easier because it is a lazy guitar. You don't have to hit every string in the chord exactly right and it will still sound good. Acoustic is less forgiving. I learnt on an acoustic, then moved to electric. Made the transition easier as I had good finger placement already. Power chords are good for songs with quick changes as you only have to move two fingers in the same position. Wait til you get to minor suspended chords, they are a bastard.

What you want to do is when you have a shower, pi55 on your finger tips. Toughens them up.

note to self - never shake your hand