Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

any help on clearing a defect notice?

tr11py

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commodore
ok i got defected just then im in nsw,whats the go?who do i take the car to to pass the car to be road worthy?just a mechanic or what?and do defects have points?i got done for wheels turbo kit and battery was loose?any help would be apreciated thanx guys

rb26dett

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS S2 A4
sounds like you will need to get a blue slip

2cool

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 SV6
You will have to get the turbo and wheels engineered, mount the battery, then go to an Authorised Unregistered Vehicle Inspection Station (AUVIS) or Authorised Inspection Station (AIS) to get the defects cleared (if the engineer cant do it). Thats what i did when my rotary was defected.
Check the boxes ticked on the form, part inspection is just check the defects are fixed, full inspection (like mine was) is a full blue slip inspection where they can find more defects!!. I got fines for my defects but no points

Last edited:

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
ive moved this to the pub section of the forum as this is not related to a JCCC NSW Cruise or Event

tr11py

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commodore
You will have to get the turbo and wheels engineered, mount the battery, then go to an Authorised Unregistered Vehicle Inspection Station (AUVIS) or Authorised Inspection Station (AIS) to get the defects cleared (if the engineer cant do it). Thats what i did when my rotary was defected.
Check the boxes ticked on the form, part inspection is just check the defects are fixed, full inspection (like mine was) is a full blue slip inspection where they can find more defects!!. I got fines for my defects but no points

so i just have to go to a place which does blue slips?na im not gunna bother getting it engineered im just ripping it all out and selling the ****..so i dont have to take it to an rta place or anything?just a mechanic which does blue slips ect?

BOGANV8

I gotta V8 whoot whoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX 02 SS LS1
If your pulling the turbo off and the wheels then just tighten the battery clamp and tak it to a person who does AIS (pink slips) and get it cleared

tr11py

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commodore
If your pulling the turbo off and the wheels then just tighten the battery clamp and tak it to a person who does AIS (pink slips) and get it cleared

mine says auvis though?that means blueslip ay?

2cool

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 SV6
so i just have to go to a place which does blue slips?na im not gunna bother getting it engineered im just ripping it all out and selling the ****..so i dont have to take it to an rta place or anything?just a mechanic which does blue slips ect?

Yes thats all, then take the form and hand it in at an rta motor registry

BOGANV8

I gotta V8 whoot whoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX 02 SS LS1
Then it will have to be a AUVIS station

tr11py

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commodore
any dodgee mechanics any1 could suggest around sydney area?i just wanna get the car quickly back on the road so i can sell it,i dont wanna spend to much money on the car cause a few things are ****ed like the rear shocks tiny bit of rust in the back and couple of oil leaks,and i kno it will add up..like nothing major is wrong and im putting most of it back to standard .thanx in advanced