Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Any linux users here?

grinfked_limo

Doomsday Rock 'N' Roll
Reaction score
Members Ride
HZ Caprice
yeah I run both windows and linux I use linux for most every thing mainly the net coz its alot safer and I find faster. I'm running Ubuntu by the way. windows I only use for games which i find I don't really have time for these days

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
i use ubuntu- it was really simple to set up. My wireless was easier to get up and running compared to windows and things download a hell of a lot faster on it. The only downside to it is ati havent made a decent graphics card driver so anything 3d is usually pretty dodgy in it. Damn lack of support by major corporations!

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
Also if you're a bigpond user, look in their file library. They've got a few versions of ubuntu to download including a very cool 'ultimate' edition that has a ton of preinstalled software to get you up and running in no time!

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze
cheers guys may download a version tonight.

Spaced

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore Exec
Do it. The ultimate version sounds really good. BTW it's just about impossible to get ntfs working under windows so if you want to share data put it in a FAT32 partition.

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze
Do it. The ultimate version sounds really good. BTW it's just about impossible to get ntfs working under windows so if you want to share data put it in a FAT32 partition.

thats ok i run 98 and XP so all my partitions are FAT32.

Spaced

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore Exec
One cool thing i like about linux is if you have an old computer you set it up to work as a server. It emulates a windows server and you can save data to it like a normal one. Windows doesn't see any difference but it saves it to a linux partition.

Another cool thing to look at is myth tv. I'm working on media portal at the moment (runs under windows xp).

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
gentoo - this is like the buffet of operating systems.... ONLY what you want, ONLY what you need... you make it yourself and you have only you too blame...

personally? Windows is the only choice i have these days... linux's incompatability is too frustating so i just saty with windows... besides, no enough about how it works and you can make windows useable anyway... really.. it aint that bad... just cranky sometimes...

aZk.