Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Any other Guitarist out there?

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
81/85 combo tends to make every guitar sound the same. I'd be going bareknuckles, or dimarzio. Though can't go wrong with duncans.

Kcboiye

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 Wl Statesman
ya i agree bout the 81/85 or 81/60 combo, im sure there a nice pickup but if i want actives id go blackouts, for teh br00tlz lmao

if i can get bareknuckles id get em, but most likely duncan distortions would be my choice, but the hz's arent too bad, got a nice crunch to em, but they sound a bit stale, if i can be bothered doin a sound clip id do one lol

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
If you're in the SE burbs welcome to come play my jackson with 81/85 combo. Sounds awesome, but I reckon most other guitars in the same $$ bracket as the jackson with the same combo would sound very similiar.

The pig

Reaction score
Members Ride
69 rs ss camaro/ rodeo dual cab
Ive played bass for 25 yrs, and i still cant play a guitar haha,, i play ibanez and aria pro basses. I have a black sr300 ipt 4 string, a silver btb705dx tkf 5 string a ariapro series 2 4 strong and a paul gray signature bass. I use an ampeg b2 svt head and two swr quadboxes also various effects. I like tool slipknot primus pennywise mudvayne etcetc. Tip to a snappy funk sound. Use two a strings and two g strings tuned eadg

red_spider

Reaction score
Members Ride
02' VXii Exec 9C1
Go down to your local guitar shops and see if they have your model guitar with other pick ups and try that or just experiment with it if you've got the cash that is.i disagree with the statement that they make every guitar sound the same because given different wood characteristics and shapes also effect sound as do strings brand and even gauging and even what plectrum is used.personally I prefer high output passives because I hate changing the 9v battery haha

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
Emg's sound like emg's no matter the guitar you drop them into, the tone does change abit whether it be dark, bassy, bright etc. I can tell if a guitar has emg's in it at a gig without even having to see the guitar. It's not hard, and I don't have the best ear for music. Don't get me wrong, different guitars will make them sound different, and so will different woods. I've got mine wired up as 18v instead of 9v which helps but still if I could be bothered I'd wire in some better pickups.

red_spider

Reaction score
Members Ride
02' VXii Exec 9C1
Yeah each to there own.theres that many pick up choices these days.

vn_v6

Blumpkin
Reaction score
Members Ride
87 vl limited edition
Avenged Sevenfold is really fun to play, I'm not up to speed to play Unholy Confessions though.. DAMN GOOD SONG!

took me ages to get the speed but now its soooo fun

Mirkz

Reaction score
Members Ride
GSXR1000
Well I've played on and off for about 2-3yrs now.
Took lessons for about 6 months when I first started.

I've barely touched guitar in the last few months though.
I uploaded a few vids to youtube at one stage so I could see the difference/progress in my playing over a year/s but that fizzled out after a couple of months and I'd say I've gotten worse, not better :(

SDC11031.jpg

I also have a bass and an acoustic.

coolngroovy

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY06 VZ Calais
I play a bit.
Been Jammin' for over 20yrs & still play like crap! lol

My gear:
Yamaha G100 series 3 head. Very versitile head!
DSC00023.jpg

2 x Marshall JCM 800 cabs. A & B.

A bunch of pedals [ yep, old school!] I would be lost without my DD-3.
DSC00022.jpg

My 2 favourite girls :)
1990 Ibanez RG550. I've had this for 20yrs & still love it!
rg550.jpg

1988 1banez FP Jem. Only had this for about 5mths & am still getting used to it.
FP_06.jpg

Strings on both are 009-042 D'addario XLs.

Main influences are Satch.

Here's a sample: :) Plz excuse the mistakes, i did say i was crap. lol