Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

any suggestions on getting more power out of a vy?

GOTMYN

Stab it and Steer...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Whippled 5.7, VE SV6, GU Patrol 3.0DI
fUEL??

Not real sure on fuel usage. Havn't noticed that I have to fill up sooner than usual. normally every wednesday and it's usually somewhere in the red!!
Next is to have the torque limiter removed as it retards the engine just before the trans shifts gear!! Don't be scared to always fill up on BP Ultimate!! That's all I use.

Good Luck with it.:thumbsup: :driving:

ADEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec
cheers for that mate, after reading ur results and also the raptor thread i think i will start searchin for those 1.97 rockers ;)

GOTMYN

Stab it and Steer...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Whippled 5.7, VE SV6, GU Patrol 3.0DI
Rockers.

Yeh FIT offer 1.97 rockers that are re-manufactured (modified) original holden items. I on the other hand went for the yella terra 1.95 Roller Rockers, these are brand new and come with mounting plates bolts and shorter pushrods required!! if you know your sh*# you would go for the rollers and be happy to do away with the .02 Ratio you will hardly if at all notice!!

But good luck with whatever you choose..:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

ADEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec
ah cheers for that info mate..although ive had 3 cars previous to this one, its my first commodore and my first ride that im gonna concentrate on power mods..

ill make sure to check out the YT rockers aswell

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Yeah the YT RR are a great mod! I got it on my VX and grins all round...

ANd the guys @ YT are a good bunch too...
Give them a ring once you have decided what u want, have a chat and they might do you a deal too...