Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Anyone been to Vietnam?

jack.mc

Nothing witty to say :(
Reaction score
Website
www.jacks-lounge.com
Members Ride
VN Vacationer
I'm going with my girl in February - we are just organising it now. Has anyone been? Any Tips?

I'm writing it all down here..

I'm very excited, just gotta get through uni exams first :ranting:

pandaman

Aussie Muscle Fan
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina 5.0 A4
I'm going with my girl in February - we are just organising it now. Has anyone been? Any Tips?

I'm writing it all down here..

I'm very excited, just gotta get through uni exams first :ranting:

A mate of mine went with his girlfriend last year, they did Thailand, Laos and Vietnam. Apparently the locals in most places are cool, as long as you aren't a yank, some of them can get pretty irritable about that. After hearing some of their stories, be careful about travelling by motorcycle, lots of crazy ****ers on the roads. :yeah: Oh and he reckons that some of the local "delicacies" can be pretty freaky but I've always lived by the rule that anything is edible if it's bbq'd/fried/gas-axed for long enough, so I say go nuts!

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
When they dish up food, don't ask what it is. Just pretend it's chicken or beef. :D

jack.mc

Reaction score
Website
www.jacks-lounge.com
Members Ride
VN Vacationer
Ha ha, thanks for the pointers! I'm really looking forward to it. The other day someone told me how you cross a busy road. Just grab on to a local who is crossing the road and hope for the best!

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
My uncle's been quite a few times and can't get enough of it, reckons it's one of the best places to visit.

jack.mc

Reaction score
Website
www.jacks-lounge.com
Members Ride
VN Vacationer
Yeah, I've heard nothing but good reports. By the looks of this video, I'll have to shed a few more pounds before we go if I want to get into the Cu Chi tunnels! I'm a bit bigger than that guy!