Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Anyone commute/drive from Central Coast to Sydney?

paddyj

Reaction score
Website
www.paddyjoy.com
Members Ride
VY Berlina
Just wondering if anyone does the commute from the central coast to Sydney every day? Just wanted to know some basic info like:

How long does it take to drive in the mornings
What time do you have to leave to beat the traffic
How much does it cost in fuel per week
Is the train a better option than driving
etc...

Thanks,
Paddy

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
i used to do it all the time. It all depends where in sydney you are going as too how long the trip will take. generally about an hour and a half. fuel cost depends on what car you have but can be anywhere from $50 - $100. To beat traffic i found leaving at around 5am got me in front of most of it. But at the end of the day i still found the train easier as i could sleep or read a magazine/newspaper, and buy breakfast, and have a perv and meet chicks. i met heaps of them, but mostly on the way home. The only problem with the train is you get a travel boner and in trackies its hard to hide. i actually poked a lady in the shoulder near her face with my boner trying to squeeze past people. You should have seen the look on her face.

paddyj

Reaction score
Website
www.paddyjoy.com
Members Ride
VY Berlina
The only problem with the train is you get a travel boner....

:rofl:

Yeah that's a big problem, especially at 5am when you fall asleep on the train and wake up to find everyone looking at you in disgust.

Thanks for the info, would be going to North Sydney in the commodore, just trying to work out my options as I want to get out of sydney for a while.

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
i used to travel to chatswood. driving that highway from honsby down (pacific highway??) is a deadset nightmare. and 100 times worse coming home. CATCH THE TRAIN.