Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

anyone driven from melbourne to gold coast?

lockmac

Reaction score
planning on going up within the month for a holiday during the mid semester break....

my mate wants to knock the whole drive over in 1 day (almost constant driving)...he believes between the 5 of us we should be over to do the whole drive in rougly 24 hours...

alot of people tell me that theres no way we could do it in 24 hours... anyone else ever done this?

cheers

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Yeah its possible. I drove from Melbourne to Kempsey in about 17 hours, and thats about 4 hours or so from Brissy. I stopped for a couple of short breaks as well as petrol stops and i drove through Sydney metro during lunch time. So i would say its definallty doable. I did that all by myself, so with other people helping with the driving its no problem.

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
yep easy as drove from melbourne to sunshine coast 130ks north of brisbane in 2 days just driving by myself with my girlfriend (doesnt have a lisence). I was almost at the qld border by the end of the first day bout 6pm left at 530 the next morrning and got to the sunshine coast about 2pm the next day. Roughly 2200km's
Me a 3 mates drove from sunshine coast to ayers rock 3500km's pretty much non stop took us 36 hours

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
I stayed to the country highway and avoided sydney went through dubbo and all that cant remember which way exactly was 2-3years ago

lockmac

Reaction score
yep easy as drove from melbourne to sunshine coast 130ks north of brisbane in 2 days just driving by myself with my girlfriend (doesnt have a lisence). I was almost at the qld border by the end of the first day bout 6pm left at 530 the next morrning and got to the sunshine coast about 2pm the next day. Roughly 2200km's
Me a 3 mates drove from sunshine coast to ayers rock 3500km's pretty much non stop took us 36 hours

oooo thats a long drive, thatd be hell i rekn.

any idea which is the quickest way to get to qld? ive heard its longer going up the east cost...

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
any idea which is the quickest way to get to qld? ive heard its longer going up the east cost...

On the way up there i took the hume straight into the city and took the pacific highway all the way to queensland. Easiest way, not the quickest though. Dont know the way i came home though, i winged it.

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
oooo thats a long drive, thatd be hell i rekn.

it was never do that again hit 3 kangaroos 2 rabbits. almost got killed by my mate and just about fell asleep behind the wheel we were all very dehydrated by the time we got there

lockmac

Reaction score
yeah not at all surprised... im planning on taking the first few hours of driving, then maybe having a few beers, a couple of sleeping pills and hopefully the next time i wake up will be at the gold coast :thumbsup: