Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Anyone else having trouble with 3...not being able to make calls

cracker

Reaction score
phone broke after having it for 3weeks, now the screen is very broken, recption is a joke its pretty much usless at my house to make calls often goes straight to message bank and doesnt ring very very unhappy with their service. and no i dont live in bum **** no where 20km from the cbd of melbourne.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Another problem with 3 is that any phone you get through them is locked to their network. Anybody ever tried to get unlocked from 3, especially after you have terminated your contract? You can't do it with them because the site asks you for your phone number, but as far as 3 is concerned, it no longer exists, so the on-line site is useless unless you are still one of their customers.

We have two perfectly good phones here that are locked to their network. I even tried to use an on-line site in the UK which purported to help unlock my Motorola V3X from 3, without succes. Damn shame - it was always my favourite phone.

vy_storm

just another moderator...
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.users.on.net
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6L
Another problem with 3 is that any phone you get through them is locked to their network. Anybody ever tried to get unlocked from 3, especially after you have terminated your contract? You can't do it with them because the site asks you for your phone number, but as far as 3 is concerned, it no longer exists, so the on-line site is useless unless you are still one of their customers.

We have two perfectly good phones here that are locked to their network. I even tried to use an on-line site in the UK which purported to help unlock my Motorola V3X from 3, without succes. Damn shame - it was always my favourite phone.

Unlocked mine fine while in the contract period after calling them. Stupid question though.... have you actually tried calling them? Your contract is over, there should not be any reason for them to not unlock it.

And back onto the OT. 3 actually sent me a letter one day apologising for an outage in my neighbourhood that lasted more than a few hours, have also received an SMS or two telling me of network congestion, haven't had that with another provider over the years.....

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Unlocked mine fine while in the contract period after calling them. Stupid question though.... have you actually tried calling them? Your contract is over, there should not be any reason for them to not unlock it.

And back onto the OT. 3 actually sent me a letter one day apologising for an outage in my neighbourhood that lasted more than a few hours, have also received an SMS or two telling me of network congestion, haven't had that with another provider over the years.....

Yep, tried to unlock it by ringing them. Ended up speaking to Manyourolutaluck or Youcankeepit or some such name in Mumbai or Delhi or whereever. "Ohh, I am very sorry, but as you are no longer being a member of 3, I am unable to be of assistance to you."

Indian speak for up yours.

vy_storm

just another moderator...
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.users.on.net
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6L
Yep, tried to unlock it by ringing them. Ended up speaking to Manyourolutaluck or Youcankeepit or some such name in Mumbai or Delhi or whereever. "Ohh, I am very sorry, but as you are no longer being a member of 3, I am unable to be of assistance to you."

Indian speak for up yours.

In that case i'd be putting something in writing to them and then if no response lodge the issue with the TIO.

Stressball

Rolling on 4 again :D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Triton
I got a text from 3 just a few minutes ago.

"3 Apologises for any disruption to your 3 services yesterday. This was due to a technical issue with a 3rd party provider which has now been rectified."

So there you go. They were boned.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
I got a text from 3 just a few minutes ago.

"3 Apologises for any disruption to your 3 services yesterday. This was due to a technical issue with a 3rd party provider which has now been rectified."

So there you go. They were boned.

Probably one of my Mumbai mates. Got abused for the ninety first time in one day from a frustrated customer and pulled the plug on the lot.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
In that case i'd be putting something in writing to them and then if no response lodge the issue with the TIO.

Nah, I simply decided to move to another carrier. As I said in an earlier thread, 3's coverage in my area was poor and their after sales service was worse. Not really worth the trouble. Just a pity that the phones can only be used on their network.

vorn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlia

i managed to get my phone unlocked by telling them that i was overseas and i
wanted to use a local sim card. had no problems doing that, but i was still in contract with them