Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Anyone fitted Walkinshaw power pack?

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Walky kits use rebadged products. Not saying that's a bad thing, as they tend not to mess with the factory warranty. However you may be able to source the same (or better) parts cheaper if you shop around - all you'll miss out on is the walky badging. Not knocking it, just saying to be wary of the hype.

seanssv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV 6spd man with WP power pack
The HYPE is worth it. I've had my power pack in for 12 months now and I love. It sounds great and responds beautifully. I intend to upgrade the car with more Walkinshaw products eventually. Maybe their wheel package and have it lowered. It will cost a motza but it's nice to know that they (the wheels) are made especially for Holdens and can't be brought anywhere else. I'll probably go the OTR as well and whack some engine covers on it. I was given some Walkinshaw stickers to put on my car but I already have a HRT on the rear window plus the new Walkinshaw badge on the drivers side rear. It's a lot bigger comapred to the orignal badge, same size as the SSV actually, but it looks sensational. A couple of blokes have commented on it already. I also have the Walky aerial that I thinks looks better than the standard. It's a nice snug nose fit.

whitewgn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Wagon Auto
I fitted a Walky power pack to my SSV wagon in August 2010. CAI, 2.5" cat back and full dyno tune (include deactivating AFM) cost $3600. The car is very different to drive now, impoved performance, nice note, most of the time. At 2000rpm it drones. This is crap in traffic as you often hover around this rev range. Any ideas? Is this because it's a wagon with more area for sound to enter the cabin? My mate has an auto ute with a similar system (not Walky) with no drone - it's go a mid muffler though - mine's got got 2 slim hot dogs.

loku16

Reaction score
Website
www.addicted2fish.com.au
Members Ride
2010 VE SS-V Wagon
Yeah my VCM 3" drones about that rpm too. Though they guranteed no drone with a 3" system! Personally I don't think you can eliminate drone on an upgraded exhaust etc it but you can quickly overcome it with a soft touch on the pedal when driving. I too drive around CBD and it's not too bad! :)

phatass

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Commodore
i think thats what 3 inch does to a non turbo car ? especially jumping from 2 inch or so to a 3 inch

whitewgn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Wagon Auto
thanks loku16. Walkinshaw also state that their systems are "guaranteed 100% no drone". I know you can go a little easier on the pedal, but most of the time in traffic, 2000rpm is around gearchanges. Looks like yours has a mid muffler, is that so?

wikky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
i think thats what 3 inch does to a non turbo car ? especially jumping from 2 inch or so to a 3 inch

Say what? Are you saying it needs to be turboed to run 3"?

breno85

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Series II Redline Ute
I have A Redline Maunal Ute, Love it! Got the WP Power Pack and Super Sports Headers fitted from the start, Goes awsome, My old man had a SSV Sereis 1 ute not long ago an i thought that went well but mine has heaps more down low, Goes mint, cherps into 3rd. Also got it lowered and a short shifter by Walky, Love the shorty. I highly recommend WP especially as you hold your factory warranty.

scottssv10

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv ute
i got a walky 3 inch power pack 2 months ago..sounds great,looks good(stainless mirror finish)...also no drone whatsoever at any speed or revs and thats in a ute,very happy with it:beer chug: