Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

anyone installed a boostvalve in the transmission? any good?

jas98

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore V6 S2 and a BA XR6T
hey was looking at boost vales for the auto transmission and came accros this one, it has O rings unlike the others, would this be a good thing to have?

also who has put one in the trans? and with wat else? and did it make a difference? i already have a corvette servo, but not sure if i got a good quality one, as i think the seals for it were crap? can i buy replacement seals for teh corvet servoes?

NEW .490 BOOST VALVE 4L60E O-RING STYLE 4L65E LS1 LT1 - eBay (item 170575094798 end time Dec-11-10 06:07:25 PST)

D3V14NT

Likes Shiny Things
Reaction score
Members Ride
93 VP BT1 V6
As far as I know the o-ring type valves are best when there is some wear in the valve bore. The o-rings will give a better seal against the bore and prevent leakage past the sleeve.

I'm using the non o-ring valves in my TH700 and I'm glad I did it was hard enough to get in as it was. It's a very tight fit. I'm currently installing a new .500 boost valve along with a .300 reverse valve, transgo stage 2 shift kit, pinless accumulator pistons, new bands, new clutches, new seals and a corvette servo.

My vette servo seems quite fine, can't fault it on inspection. As far as I knew all vette servo kits used the same parts & seals no matter where you got them from?

If you're looking at getting a few bits for the trans at once check out this mob in the US. I got my parts from them very cheaply
CT Powertrain Products

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
CT send me all my parts :D

jas98

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore V6 S2 and a BA XR6T
com on there must be more people who have just the boost valve? lol

cheers

D3V14NT

Likes Shiny Things
Reaction score
Members Ride
93 VP BT1 V6
If you're going to go to the effort of changing the boost valve, go and grab yourself a transgo stage 2/3 shift kit.

Check out the installation video guide for the kit at - Install Assistance Videos. You'll see that if you already have the valve body exposed so that you can get in to do the boost valve, may as well as do a whole shift kit.