Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Anyone know anything about Snort Performance turbo kit?

Farqhed

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V6, VP SII V6, 76 Mini SS

undersuspicion

Now That's How We Roll!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy SV8 Series 2
go all out and get the stage five mate :D

rb26dett

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS S2 A4
Dont forget you will need the fuel system to support it.

Farqhed

Reaction score
Members Ride
So like.. a higher pressure bosch fuel pump and lines? And some original vl turbo injectors? I know i'd have to get the gearbox and diff sorted aswell..

VL_5SPEED

Reaction score
Members Ride
1986 Holden VL calais project
You can make 200rwkw give or take with stock turbo, turbo ecu and injectors, intercooler and 12psi..... be a **** load cheaper that way and less defects.... those kits would make way over 200rwkw but you will need aftermarket ecu, injectors, fuel pump etc

cracker

Reaction score
200rwkw from 12psi from a t3 kidding yourself.
make 200 with fuel pressure reg, and 14-15psi from a t3 and your pushing your fuel system and turbo pretty hard.

Farqhed

Reaction score
Members Ride
What if i hi flowed a t3? and upped the fuel pressure? i'd like it around 200-210kw.. something to have little bit of fun with.

Would things like a better intake manifold or a turbo manifold do much for power? I don't want to spend heaps but i don't want to be stingey either. I know my way around a motor just not exactly to sure on the turbo side of things. An auto gearbox rebuild would be around $1500 give or take i assume and i'd hunt around for a good nic second hand diff.. How far would $3,000 get me?

I'm trying to get a fair idea of what budget i'll need. I've read where a few people have spent about 1500 to turbo a stock motor using 2nd hand original parts

VL_5SPEED

Reaction score
Members Ride
1986 Holden VL calais project
Yeh i think vl sean calais or watever his name is is making 200rwkw on 12psi with t3 high flow. Yeh you will need a adjustable fuel reg. Some 10 seconds vlt run stock exhaust manifolds.

Farqhed

Reaction score
Members Ride
Oh true.. thats good to know.

I think i will just run a n/a with a turbo at around 10psi for awhile and build up a spare motor ever a period of time..

Cheers