Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Anyone Play an Instrument?

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
Anyone here play musical instruments? If so tell us about it, how long you've been playing, what style you like playing etc etc....

POST AWAY!!!!!

I play guitar (also play Piano, violin, recorder and harmonica)

Been playing for about 6 years now, gone through about 8 or 9 guitars and 4 amps in that time. I play Metal and alternative rock mostly, but also enjoy a bit of classical and love progressive arpeggio's and all that.

Well my gear is:

• ESP Kirk Hammett Signature
  • Jackson JS30RR (Randy Rhodes) V
  • Alhambra Rosewood Classical nylon string
  • Bugera 333 120 watt 3 channel valve amp
  • Genz Benz 4X12 Quadbox
Pictures04007.jpg

Pictures04008.jpg

DSC00056.jpg

no-doof

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Calais
I play guitar. I write most of the music for my band and play bass and keys and drums badly haha.

I haven't really got any pics of my gear but there is some live pics at Metallurgy on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Videos

Gibson SG
Marshall JCM900 100W head
4x12 old school marshall cab
Boss metal zone
Akai floor tuner

Thats all I use. I can't stand using lots of effects I prefer doing it without anything.

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
I play guitar also, been playing on and off for about 8 years (although I think my skills have declined severely in the last few years as I hardly played). Generally I play classic rock, grunge, a bit of metal or newer alt rock type stuff. I'm liking all these music-type threads popping up on here, inspired me to start playing again in the last few days :)

Gearwise I have:

2001 Gibson Les Paul Studio Plus
2004 Fender Aerodyne Telecaster
1970s Aria Acoustic

1996 Marshall JCM900 2x12" 100w combo

Here's my Les Paul, and my tele with the amp.

2001resize-1.jpg

IMG_0137.jpg

Rolla_Rolla'

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ke30 Rolla'
Yeah another Guitarist / Vocalist here, been playing for 3 years now, Mainly metal / hardcore type stuff real heavy Drop B tunings :D . Do play some Acoustic stuff tho... haha :D

BC Rich ASM
Zoom G2.u1 Effects Pedal
Fender FM212R Amp

100_1858.jpg

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged
Been playing guitar for 18 years. Also piano, bass, vocals, some drums and now trying to teach myself sax. Started out as any young kid playing Iron Maiden and Metallica but soon got into Jazz, funk, soul, disco, country, prog rock. Best time was playing in a 13 piece big band doing weddings and corporate gigs. Also played in stage musicals which was awesome. Currently working with a covers band doing a bit of everything.

Gear includes:
1993 Ibanez RG370 (Japanese)
1985 Ibanez RS1010SL (Steve Lukather Signature model)
'custom' strat (assembled from various spare parts but great guitar)
Maton semi acoustic
Cheap Yamaha 12 string.
Rockbass bass (cheaper version made by warick but same active electronics as used in the $3500 American Waricks)

Laney VH100R head
2 x 12" Marshall speaker box (looks like a reqular quad box but half the size) mounted with Celestion Vintage 30's
Fender Super 210 (60w valve combo from the early 90's)

Had a Takamine semi acoustic and Headway Bass with active Alembic pickups which were stolen. Also had a 1986 Ibanez RG440 (80's Roadstar shape) which I (now regretfully) sold a few years ago.

Will try get pics up at some point.

NanoBear

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive wagon (soon)
I'm a self taught guitarist, been playing for about 15 years. I'm not particularly good, but I can strum a few chords and sing around a camp fire.
Thanks to the music program at my old highschool, I can get a sound out of pretty much anything, but my main instrument is the trumpet. Been playing jazz trumpet since the age of 10. I was playing with the Fremantle Jazz Orchestra until we disbanded a few years back. Haven't really done much of anything with it since.

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon
Used to play guitar a fair bit. Was in a 4 peice rock band with a few decent original songs, and a 9 peice cover band playing weddings etc.

I've kept all the gear in the hopes I'll get back into it one day

VXdarkmagic

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive Series II
I taught myself to play the harmonica by ear, have a MS Hohner in the key of C...don't practice too much anymore, and playing in a band is difficult when you need to get around to purchasing the other keys and also want to spend time and money on teh car :D

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
i play air guitar, im pretty good.

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
I tried paying Guitar, Piano love both, But my fingers cant work in a smooth motion, Dont ask me why can just does not work lol. Have enough trouble with guitar hero lol, Does that count? llol