Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Anyone read this month's WHEEL?

protossw

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 3.8 EXECUTIVE
Hey, any one read this month WHEEL?
A letter IT IS A COVER UP complained that the cover of last Wheel "is Dominated with the usual Holden and for Rubish" even if the car of the year is awarded to Honda accord euro

I actually feel DEEPLY offended by this IDIOT.:bang:

I dont car Honda get what award from wherever. I would never buy a Honda anyway.

I am not sure what rubbish this guy named Marc Sultan is driving but could someone sending a letter to Wheel to shut him up??

I am not a local aussie but i do love holden. That is why my word may not have enough impact on this magzine. SO some one help??

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
I read the letter yesterday. I don't agree with the writer's sentiments, and like you, wouldn't buy a Honda, but what he said about the cover of the magazine being dominated by Holdens and Fords is true. Modern Motor is far worse - their covers invariably have a high performance Holden or Ford on the cover and lengthy road tests of irrelevant and expensive FPV, HSV or Corsa vehicles inside. (By irrelevant, I mean to many motorists - there are, after all, many other makes of car that have high performance models which could be used as cover cars.

Writing to Wheels is pointless. As they pointed out in their reply, they use cars on the cover which will help sell magazines. With the way the market is heading, perhaps Holdens and Fords won't make the front cover before long. And writing to Wheels to shut Mr. Sultan up would be a wasted exercise. He's entitled to his opinion as are you to yours.

protossw

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 3.8 EXECUTIVE
I read the letter yesterday. I don't agree with the writer's sentiments, and like you, wouldn't buy a Honda, but what he said about the cover of the magazine being dominated by Holdens and Fords is true. Modern Motor is far worse - their covers invariably have a high performance Holden or Ford on the cover and lengthy road tests of irrelevant and expensive FPV, HSV or Corsa vehicles inside. (By irrelevant, I mean to many motorists - there are, after all, many other makes of car that have high performance models which could be used as cover cars.

Writing to Wheels is pointless. As they pointed out in their reply, they use cars on the cover which will help sell magazines. With the way the market is heading, perhaps Holdens and Fords won't make the front cover before long. And writing to Wheels to shut Mr. Sultan up would be a wasted exercise. He's entitled to his opinion as are you to yours.

I agree with you. However the only thing which offends me is that he described Holden or Ford as "RUBBISH"
If holden generally are rubbish bin and I am actually sitting in a rubbish bin all day.

He can put his comments on holden and I know holden has many actual problems which needs to be addressed say the 4 speed automatic etc.

BUT, a general comments like RUBBISH could never be justified almost on any model/makes. I will never say Honda is rubbish, I just dont like it. And this word is printed on the Wheels!

No one could be shut up in this free country if he/she is just express his/her own idea in a good manner. However if some one told me my holden is just rubbish and his honda is a piece of art, I will tell him SHUT UP and drive your piece of **** away.

chukkie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore Executive
Calm down bro, why do you care so much? Like the others have said everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I could think of a few cars that i would call rubbish that others might not, whether they got mad about it or not isn't really my problem. Each to their own man. I'm sure a letter to him won't really change his opinion either so i can't say it would really be worth the time and effort. Just my 2 cents bud

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
lol, what's the problem exactly? Someone is speaking the truth and it hits to the bone?

I too am sick to death of seeing the same cars on these magazine covers(even though I no longer buy the magazine as they seem to be written for illiterate morons of late). Would be good to see variety, although clearly the general Australian public (mainly ford and holden supporters) would want to burn people at the stake for not having the beloved over priced under built "Aussie" car on the cover.

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
They called Holdens rubbish and a couple of Holden fans are up in arms. Call another brand of car rubbish, fans of those brands would be up in arms. You can't keep everyone happy.

Such is life. Who cares what one insignificant persons opinion of a Holden is. There are about another million people out there who think the same as he does.

davway

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK LS1 Statesman
yep, Holden and Ford ARE rubbish.
Time to open your eyes to the rest of the world.

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
I wouldn't say they are rubbish, but there are DEFINANTLY other cars out there i'd want to own over a Holden or a Ford.

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
I wouldn't say they are rubbish, but there are DEFINANTLY other cars out there i'd want to own over a Holden or a Ford.

mmmmmmmm lada niva ftw!!