Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Anyone run Pirelli P7 on a VE ? good or bad..

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Just wondering how they rate on a big car like a VE. How long did they last, how they are in the wet etc ?
I want a tyre that has decent grip and lasts a good few years.

I should have started this thread a few days ago before buying !
1st impression of the P7's is comfortable but they feel kinda slow like i'm towing a coffin !! Maybe they weren't pumped up enough.

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Haven't driven them on a VE but have driven plenty of other cars with them fitted, though admittedly all front wheel or all wheel drive. Excellent tyre in my experience. But I believe they're phasing them out in favour of the new P1 Cinturato (picked up a set for another car just recently) which, on feel, is a little sticker but reportedly has better mileage.

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
I ran the lesser P6 on my VT as my tyre of choice, they gave excellent performance in the wet and overall a very comfortable ride. They were a little soft, and took time to get used too compared to my last set of Bridgestones.

I figured I would get about 40-50,000km good kilometers out of them before I would look at replacements. I drove them for a bit shy of 20,000km before I sold the car, couldn't recommend them anymore, especially for wet grip.

troyjm310

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Sportwagon SV6 Z Series
Have them on the VX, great in the wet and comfortable compared to other tyres I have used in the past.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Just throwing this out there but I absolutely love the Kuhmo KU31's - my VXII Clubsport came with KU25's on it and I replaced them with 31's and then when I got my Monaro it was already shod with 31's - they are a brilliant tyre for the price.

They wear pretty well, they are quiet and have good wet performance. I paid $160 a corner fitted and balanced which I thought was insane! I had never considered Kuhmo before having the 25's and now I don't think I'll go back to Bridgestone ever.