Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Anyone used a haltech interceptor piggyback ecu

mattytess

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp berlina
Wraith- yeah I hate having to spend more money considering I'm only a teacher on shitty wages and just had a kid but I'm lost for what to do. I've asked the1 and heard no replies, I've spoke to mace and they said they can't supply me with a tune. I mean I just want the car to drive from a-b .I don't want a 10sec drag car. I just want it to run with a bit of lumpiness and a bit more torque. As I just said I'm going to attempt to tune it myself and see if I get anywhere.

mattytess

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp berlina
Cam spec
HOLDEN VN V6 Series 1. Stage 2 Camshaft$504.90Add to Cart
Part Number6071562Lobe Separation113Valve Lift
Inlet Opens21.5 B.T.D.C.Inlet Closes63.5 A.B.D.C.0.454
Exhaust Opens70 B.B.D.C.Exhaust Closes20 A.T.D.C.0.454
Inlet Duration201 at 0.050 265 Advertised
Exhaust Duration206 at 0.050 270 Advertised

Decicrate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67
Just get the Delco retuned, as others have said.

What area are you in, there is bound to be a Delco tuner somewhere near you.

mattytess

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp berlina
Im out towards the southern highlands an hour south of syd. I've been looking for tuners for the last 2 weeks and all of them want to sell me their own computers. It's extremely frustrating. If I find one then there won't be any dramas

Decicrate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67
I don't know how far away you are from Dick, but give him a call and he will be able to get you on the right path.

Dicks Electronics RTLS1: News

Ghost

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Commodore berlina Sedan 1996
The1 is more vs and up try Greenfoam for a tune

Sent From My Galaxy S2 Using Tapatalk 2

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
Wraith- yeah I hate having to spend more money considering I'm only a teacher on shitty wages and just had a kid but I'm lost for what to do. I've asked the1 and heard no replies, I've spoke to mace and they said they can't supply me with a tune. I mean I just want the car to drive from a-b .I don't want a 10sec drag car. I just want it to run with a bit of lumpiness and a bit more torque. As I just said I'm going to attempt to tune it myself and see if I get anywhere.

Sorry unless ive missed something no pm or email from you. I could def get it running better than stock pcm, but yeh if you get it into dick is the way to go.

mattytess

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp berlina
Sorry mate I tried pm you and it rejected it. Wasn't trying to bag you or anything. I got greenfoam to tune it and it's running better now.

ryanwilson83

Reaction score
Members Ride
240sx
Hey Mattytess, I dont own a Holden or even live in Austrailia, but I was trying to get some info about the haltech when I came across ur post.. You stated this was ur first engine build and ur car is running horribly. Well if what u said was true about having black wet spark plugs then u probably didnt install the rings correctly and now experiencing oil blow by.

mattytess

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp berlina
Hey mate thanks for the post. It was running rich because the fuel regulator was stuffed and fuel was pouring straight back into the throttle body through a vacuum hose. It's all running great now, I've had the stock computer tuned and no longer need to worry about the haltech. I'm just waiting for my extractors to be made and then the performance side of things will be complete.