Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Anyone using a 10 inch rear wheel without problems?

shaunve

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE SS Sportwagon
I've got to get new wheels due to a large brake upgrade I'm installing soon, and I was wondering if anyone is running 10" rears on their VE with or without clearance issues.
The wheel I'm interested in has an offset of +48 to clear the calipers, but I'd be interested to hear of anyone else's offset on their 10's.
I don't really want to roll my guards either.
Thanks for any info,
Shaun.

SV6GUY

Reaction score
Members Ride
MANUAL VE SV6 S2
I've got to get new wheels due to a large brake upgrade I'm installing soon, and I was wondering if anyone is running 10" rears on their VE with or without clearance issues.
The wheel I'm interested in has an offset of +48 to clear the calipers, but I'd be interested to hear of anyone else's offset on their 10's.
I don't really want to roll my guards either.
Thanks for any info,
Shaun.

9.5inch fit effortlessly, not sure about 10inch wheels

bladerunner

"needs a bit'a nitrous"
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS UTE & a 71' deltek rockhopper
20x10 speedy cheetahs,51 offset, kings ssl springs on my ute,inner wheel edge (275x35x20 tyre) occasionly kisses the inner wheel arch on heavy dips in the road, no probs outside edge,not rolled,48 offset chances are you'll have to roll the guard lip?

lease1

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Ute
Yep 20 x 10 with 48 offset on my ve ute with SL HD. Guards aren't rolled and never scrubs, even with some weight in the back

shaunve

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE SS Sportwagon
Great, thanks for that guys. Im getting some of the 19inch forged redline wheels made into 10's for the rear of my SS wagon. Cant go past them for the price.
They should still fit under a wagon shouldnt they? Is the guard profile of the sportwagon the same as a sedan or ute?

Anyone using 10's on a wagon without issues?..........

Potta9

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve r8 , B2600
I've been looking what would fit and the 10" will fit easy without rolling the guards. Any particular reason why you don't want to have them rolled. When the body is done on mine I'll be going 0 offset on a 12" rim

shaunve

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE SS Sportwagon
I just dont want to spend the money on rolling guards. Also, ive had the paint crack before by a sh1t guard roller. 12's would look great but i reckon you'd get a fair few stone chips etc on the lower guards. Just something to consider.........

I can go any width i want really, as im getting the rears made up out of four forged redline wheels. Theyre so cheap, i couldnt justify spending a grand each on other forged wheels. A guy in Sydney parts the rim off on a lathe and rewelds the inner and wider section of the other rim. Then machines the weld off as good as new!

Cheap 8 and 10 inch forged wheels!

Shaun.