Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

are 276 cams all right?

vhgasser

Reaction score
Members Ride
vh commodore,Holden captiva
Been talking to a mate that builds engines and has told me with my engine which I like to keep on gas I should go with a 276 size hyd cam.
I would like it to be more cammy like maybe using a 286 but he reckons on gas it wouldnt be worth it?
this engine would be a mild engine running l34 heads flat tops and on gas with a small stall

smokem

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss 5.7
Ive ran the 276 on straight gas before and it had a nice mild note and was ok for a daily! I took the base plate with butterflys of the bottom of a halley carby and took the impco 426 unit off the snorkel and bolted to the baseplate and ran the gas system as a carby as i had tourque power man and couldnt shut bonnet in vl with the gas unit on carby. Hey whos gonna build for ya champ?

vhgasser

Reaction score
Members Ride
vh commodore,Holden captiva
I have a friend that builds engines for burnout comps so he assemble it and his mate Tony Knight will do some machine work for us

mr j-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 355
I have a friend that builds engines for burnout comps so he assemble it and his mate Tony Knight will do some machine work for us
just talk to TK ..... he'll point you in the right direction.
what do u mean by more cammy?
are u after that lumpy note?..... if so you have look at your LSA figures
when you go up in cam duration @50* all u r really doing is shifting the torque bracket higher up the rev range